- Name of the InstitutionSt. Stephen’s College
- Type of InstitutionArts and Science College
- Accreditation/ affiliationUniversity of Delhi
- Courses OfferedBA ( General), B.S. ( General), BA (Honors), B.Sc. ( Honors), MA, M.Sc.
- Departments/ BranchesUndergraduate Level
Economics, English, History, Philosophy, Sanskrit, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics
Economics, English, History, Philosophy, Sanskrit, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Operations Research
- Admission ProcedureFor Graduate degree:
The admission process generally extends from the mid of May to the beginning of July. Admission to college depends on the marks obtained the last qualifying exam. The college generally conducts interview for students with scores above the cut-off percentage. Apart from the academic record and interview performance of the candidate, his/her all round competence is also considered at the time of admission. The college does not admit students who have appeared for the qualifying examination and waiting for the results. No student is assured admission in the second or final year. For admission at the graduate level, 85% weightage is given to the marks obtained in the 10+2 examination and 15% weightage is given to the interview. The interview session emphasizes on the following components: academic, co-curricular, and general awareness.
For Post Graduate Degree:
For admission to the M.A/M.Sc programs, candidates need to apply directly to the respective departments. Admission to the program depends on the criteria set by the department or University faculty concerned.
- ScholarshipsStudents are offered financial assistance on the basis of their merit and need. Nearly 20% of the students are offered freeships. In addition, students are also offered Ad Hoc grants for meeting expenses of their books, mess and stationary. Students coming from a Christian background are provided with Christian bursaries.
- Fee StructureAmount to be paid for the first semester( College fee): INR 10,475 ( arts), INR 11,225 ( science)
Amount to be paid for the second semester( College fee): INR 8,190 ( arts), INR 8,940 ( science)
Residence fee for first semester: INR 18,000
Residence fee for second semester: INR 14, 500
Mess charges for first semester: INR 12,000
Mess charges for second semester: INR 12,000
- Syllabi/ CurriculumAll courses follow the yearly pattern
- Examinations & ResultsAn autonomous college by nature, St. Stephens follows its own norms when it comes to conducting examination
- Eligibility CriteriaFor Graduate Courses:
Candidates applying for the bachelors degree must have cleared their 10+2 examination.
Candidates with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics at the 10+2 level can apply for this program.
B.Sc. General with Computer Science:
Candidates with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science or Physics, Mathematics and Informatics Practices can apply for this program.
Admission is based on the marks obtained in best four subjects.
For Post Graduate Courses:
Candidates with the appropriate bachelors degree can apply for their desired masters program.
International students may also apply for the bachelors and masters programs, provided their qualification is acknowledged by the Association of Indian Universities or the University of Delhi.
- Established in the Year1st February, 1881
- Facts & FiguresThe college is strictly against sexual harassment and ragging. The College Complaints Committee consisting of students, teachers, and non-teaching staff takes care of these issues and ensures that the college is free from ragging and sexual harassment.
- EventsBlood Donation Camp
Founder’s Day celebrations
Virasat ( SPIC MACAY events)
St. Stephen’s College is an autonomous college affiliated to the University of Delhi. The college has an intake capacity of approximately 108 girls and 250 boys and provides courses both at the bachelors and masters levels. It admits students on the basis of their scores obtained in the last qualifying examination and cut off percentage set for that particular year.