- Name of the InstitutionSt. Xavier’s College
- Accreditation/ affiliationAutonomous College under the University of Mumbai
- Admission ProcedureAfter the declaration of the Senior secondary results of the Maharashtra board
- Established in the Year1540
- Facts and FiguresWas affiliated to the university of Mumbai in 1869
St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai was established in the year 1540. It was affiliated to the University of Mumbai in 1869 but has recently been awarded the status of an autonomous college. This coeducational institution offers undergraduate degrees for subjects in Arts, Science and Commerce and apart from the academics, encourages the students’ participation in various extra-curricular activities.
The admissions to this college are based purely on merit. The gates for the applications are declared open as soon as the senior secondary results of the Maharashtra board are out. St. Xavier’s College also provides residential facilities for its out-station students who are boys.