- Name of the InstitutionSt Xavier’s College Kolkata
- Type of InstitutionManagement, Science, and Education
- OwnershipJesuit Society
- AffiliationCalcutta University
- About the InstitutionAn autonomous college located in Kolkata West Bengal, it is one of the better known colleges in the country. It is known for offering quality education in the field of Science, Education, and Management.
- Courses offeredCertificate course, Diploma, B.Ed, B.A, B.Sc, B.Com, M.Com, M.Sc, B.B.A,
- Admission ProcedureSelection procedure is as per norms laid down by Calcutta University. Application forms can be obtained from the college office or online. For general category students selection is done on merit basis. Other category of students includes Reserved categories, and artists, performers, outstanding sports people.
- DepartmentsArts, Commerce, Science, Management, Mass Communication, Education
- Year of Establishment1860
- Eligibility CriteriaFor admission into B.Com and BBA, minimum 60% in aggregate with 45% in individual subjects. For BA, 55% to 60% in aggregate, for admission into B.Sc marks obtained should be 60%.
St Xavier’s College in Kolkata was affiliated to the Calcutta University in the year 1862 just 2 year after its establishment. The college extends academic programs both at the undergraduate as well as post graduate levels. In addition to Arts, Science, Commerce, Education, and Business Administration, the college also offers career oriented courses, professional as well as diploma courses.
The college also has a Computer Centre and IGNOU Convergence Scheme. English is essentially the medium of instruction. Financial aid in form of scholarships is offered to deserving candidates. Degrees are awarded by the Calcutta University and the college conducts its own examination.