- Name of the InstituteStanley Medical College
- Type of InstitutionMedical
- Fee StructureMBBS:Annual Tuition Fee: INR 4,000
Special Fee: INR 500
INR 19,475(PG Diploma) – INR 34,725(MS)
- Courses OfferedUndergraduate, Postgraduate, Surgery
- Departments / Branches
- General Medicine
- TB& Chest Diseases
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Micro Biology
- General Surgery
- Psychiatric Medicine
- Establishment Date1938
- Eligibility Criteria Applicants for the MBBS courses have to pass their 10+2 examinations with a minimum of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The postgraduate applicants would need an MBBS degree.
- Admission ProcedureStudents are allowed admission on the basis of their 10+2 marks and their scores in the entrance examinations like JEE, CET and AIEEE. The institute also conducts an entrance test of its own. 755 students are taken from the state of Tamil Nadu whereas the remaining 25% come from the all-India tests
- Facts & FiguresHas obtained the ISO 9001 certification and the institution is ranked 25th in the India Today Survey, 2011 and 9th by NDTV. This college was named after the then governor of the Madras Presidency, Sir George Fredrick Stanley.
Ranked among the top twenty medical colleges in India, Stanley Medical College in Chennai offers undergraduate as well as postgraduate medical courses to its students. This college’s Institute for Research and Rehabilitation of Hand and the Department of Plastic Surgery is considered to be among the best in Southeast Asia. The institute admits around 150 students per year for its MBBS course and the admissions are open to Indian applicants only. The Bachelors courses are of 5.5 years duration whereas the postgraduate courses take 3 years to complete.