In the year 1948, Surendranath College for Women (Morning) Kolkata was established mainly to impart higher education to the partition-affected girls. Though it was earlier known as Ripon College, after the British Viceroy, Lord Ripon, in 1948 this college was renamed after the great freedom fighter’s name. On his return from Chicago, Swami Vivekananda delivered his address from the rostrum of this college. The college uses innovative teaching methods so that the students get a competitive edge in the later period of employment. The college has future plans to introduce undergraduate course in Computer Science and Statistics. It has also plans to set up a language laboratory (Audio-Visual) in Communicative English.
- Name of the Institution Surendranath College for Women (Morning) Kolkata
- Accreditation/Affiliation University of Calcutta
- Location Kolkata, West Bengal
- Established Year 1884
- Courses B.A. (General and Honors)
- Admission Admission is offered to only female students Admission forms are available in June Students from other boards or councils need to submit migration certificate During the time of admission, students need to show original mark sheets, admit card, a letter from natural/legal guardian