- Name of the InstitutionSydenham College of Commerce & Economics
- Type of InstitutionCommerce
- AccreditationNAAC has accredited Grade A
- About the InstitutionOne of the premier institutes offering Commerce and Economics in the country.
- Courses offeredMaster of Commerce, Bachelor of Commerce (Banking and Insurance), Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS), Bachelor of Commerce, Higher Secondary Courses offered by State Board of Maharashtra
- Admission ProcedureAdmission into M.Com is administered by Mumbai University, For admission into Bachelor program; a pass in 10+2 with minimum 50% marks is required. Admission into BMS, a student has to obtain qualifying marks in Common Entrance Exam.
- Year of Establishment1913
- ScholarshipsScholarships are offered to deserving students by the college/University. Free-ships are offered to wards of defense personnel.
Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai started functioning in the premises of Elphinstone College. Earlier, the college was known by the name of Government College of Commerce.
The college changed its premises thrice before it finally acquired the present premises in Churchgate area of Mumbai in the year 1955. The college is one of the premier institutes in the country offering Commerce and Economic study programs.
As far as facilities are concerned, the college has a library, a computer centre, auditorium, gymkhana, canteen, a co-operative store, common room for students, and hostel facilities for students. The library of the college is a member of Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy. The curriculum is regulated by Mumbai University.