- Name of Institute Tata Memorial Hospital (Centre for Cancer Research)
- Type of Institution Research – Cancer Research
- Courses Offered Ph.D, Summer Training
- Establishment Date28th February, 1941
- Scholarships Rs. 5000 fellowship from University of Mumbai
- Website www.tatamemorialcentre.com
- Eligibility Criteria Applicants must possess a master’s degree certificate with first class score. The master’s degree must be completed in any of the following subjects – zoology, biochemistry, life science, biotechnology or microbiology.
The Tata Memorial Cancer Centre is a nationally and internationally recognized treatment, prevention and education centre in cancer. The institute was established on the 28th of February in the year 1941 by the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust. The Tata Memorial Centre is divided into two parts, namely, the Tata Memorial Hospital and the Cancer Research Institute.
It was the untiring efforts of the department of atomic energy in India which laid the foundation of the Tata Memorial Hospital in the year 1941. Over the years, the quality of research in the hospital has improved, giving birth to more efficient doctors and better treatment procedures for the people suffering from the deadly disease.