The Women’s Christian College located in Kolkata is an all girls college which is aimed at the academic as well as the personal development of students. Established in the year 1945, the college campus was established with aid provided by the London Missionary Society. Since its inception at the time of British rule in India, the Women’s Christian College has aimed to include the best faculty, a progressive syllabus and the most modern amenities. The college has also been known for its state of the art hostel facilities for girls. In order to ensure that the students enjoy while studying in the college campus, the Women’s Christian College authorities have introduced modern facilities like cheap stores, cafes and a library equipped with 24 hours internet connection. The authorities also encourage participation in extra curricular activities like sports and cultural programs.
- Name of the InstitutionWoman’s Christian College
- Type of InstitutionArts and Science girls college
- Accreditation / AffiliationUniversity of Calcutta
- Courses OfferedBA, B.Sc, Certificate course
- Departments / BranchesBengali, English, History, Sanskrit, Political Science, Philosophy, Sociology, Education, Geography, Economics, Mathematics and Computer Applications
- Admission ProcedureAdmission of candidates is based on merit. The application form can be downloaded from the college website or can be bought from the college counters with payment of Rs. 100. Xerox copies of documents such as mark sheets, migration certificate, transfer certificate and registration form must be submitted along with the completed application form.
- Campus PlacementsThe students of the college enjoy the facility of an active placement cell.
- Syllabi/ CurriculumThe college follows the directives of the University of Calcutta while deciding on the academic calendar. The system of yearly examination is followed. The academic calendar is divided into three terms, the first, second and third year examinations.
- Examinations & ResultsNo entrance test is conducted for admission to the college.
- Eligibility CriteriaSuccessful completion of the 10+2 board examination is necessary for applying to various degree programs in the college. Students who have passed out from boards other than the H.S. board of education in West Bengal should procure registration certificates from the University of Calcutta before admission.
- Established in the Year1945
- Facts & FiguresThe Women’s Christian College has received an accreditation certificate from NAAC. The college enjoys some of the facilities like a cheap store, a computerized 24 hours library, a well equipped laboratory, a cafe and an active placement cell.
Foundation Day, Sports Day, Teacher’s Day, Christmas Day, International Women’s Day, Annual Debate, College Reunion, Independence Day celebrations, Excursion, Talent Hunt and Sanskrit Bhasa Divas are a few of the yearly events held in the college.