The banking sector is one of the most important sectors in the economy of India and countries over the world. The number of banks in the country has increased over the years with large scale privatization of the sector. Therefore the demand for professionals to work in this sector has also increased. A bachelor’s degree in bank management may be a student’s key to obtaining a job in the banking sector of India.
The course deals with subjects like economics, finance, business and management. Some positions in banks require a bachelor’s degree while in some demand a master’s degree. Study of bank management also entails to extensive training on the subject so that a student may be prepared to start working immediately after completion of the course.
With the rise in demand for the subject, several institutes in India have introduced the distance learning programs in bank management. Listed below are the best higher education centers for pursuing bachelors in bank management.
Distance Learning Institutes Offering Bachelor of Bank Management
|Name of the Institute||Address||Contact Details|
|Institute of Distance Education University of Madras||The Director, Institute of Distance Education, University of Madras, IDE Buildings, Chepauk, Chennai – 600025||Ph. No. – 044-25613716Fax No. – 91-44-25360865
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.unom.ac.in
|Alagappa University||Director of Distance Education, Alagappa University, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu – 630003, India||Ph. No. – 91-4565-228080Fax No. – 04565-225216
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.alagappauniversity.ac.in
|Manonmaniam Sundaranar University||Convener Committee, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Abhishekapatti, Tirunelveli – 627012, Tamil Nadu, India||Ph. No. – 09874999687Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.msuniv.ac.in
|National Institute of Bank Management||NIBM, P O Kondhwe Khurd, Pune – 411048, Maharashtra, India||Ph. No. – 0091-20-26716000Fax No. – 0091-20-26834478
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.nibmindia.org
A candidate applying to a course in bachelor’s of bank management through distance learning need to fulfill the following academic qualifications and other eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must have passed successfully the school higher secondary examination with minimum 45 percent marks.
- Applicants must complete school from a recognized government institution or a private school that enjoys the accreditation of a recognized public education body.
- Successful completion and submission of the online application form is mandatory.
- Identity proofs like passport or a voter id card must be submitted at the time of admission.
The admission eligibility varies from one institute to another. The above mentioned guidelines are mandatory for every center of learning providing a degree in bachelor’s of bank management.
Duration of the Course
The duration of a graduation degree in bank management is usually two years. However, a student can choose to extend the duration of the course to three years. The main advantage of pursuing the course as a distance learning program is the flexibility and cost effectiveness of this type of learning.
A candidate can join the banking sector after completion of a bachelor’s degree in bank management. Both private and public banks operate in India. The number of banks, especially in the private sector has shot up in the last few years, increasing the number of vacancies in this sector. Though distance learning candidates cannot enjoy the benefits of campus placements, off campus interviews in private banks and national examinations held for positions in public banks increase the career prospects of a student of bank management.
- B.Sc. Fashion & Apparel Design
- Bachelor of Academic Laws
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Bank Mgt
- Bachelor of Business Mgt
- Bachelor of Business Admin
- Bachelor of Commerce(Honours)
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Communication & Journalism
- Bachelor of Computer Application
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Foreign Trade
- Mechanical Engineering Correspondence Degree Courses
- Bachelor of Corporate Secretaryship
- Bachelor of General Law
- Bachelor of Horticulture Science
- Bachelor of Information Sciences
- Bachelor of Journalism
- Bachelor of Law (Academic)
- Bachelor of Library & Information Science
- Bachelor of Literature
- Bachelor of Marketing Mgt
- Bachelor of Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Physical Education
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering Correspondence Degree Courses