Foreign trade, also known as international trade, involves the exchange of goods, capital and services across foreign borders and countries.With globalization of the international market, the demand for well qualified professionals in the field is high.
A student can earn a degree in foreign trade through regular classroom programs and distance learning studies. A bachelor’s degree earned through distance education is a flexible program which can be pursued at less cost. Let’s take a look at some distance learning institutes that provide a bachelor’s degree in foreign trade.
Distance Learning Institutes Offering Bachelor of Foreign Trade Course
|Name of the Institute||Contact Details|
|Acharya Nagarjuna University||Nagarjuna Nagar – 522510, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, IndiaPh. No. – 0863-2293269
Fax No. – 0863-293378
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.nagarjunauniversity.ac.in
|Pondicherry University||The Director, Directorate of Distance Education, Pondicherry University, R V Nagar, Kalapet, Pondicherry – 605014, IndiaPh. No. – 0413-2654439
Fax No. – 0413-2655258
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.pondiuni.edu.in
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for Studying Bachelor of Foreign Trade through Distance Education
- The minimum education qualification for pursuing the bachelor’s degree in foreign trade is successful completion of 10+2 level of school examination.
- Every applicant must have scored at least 45 percent in the 10+2 examination.
- English and Mathematics should be compulsory subjects of study at the 10+2 level.
- Admission is mostly based on merit in 10+2 examination, but there are institutes that conduct an entrance examination and a personal interview to test the eligibility of the applicant.
- Every applicant must submit at the time of admission a completely filled up application form, the registration & course fees, copies of certificates of every examination passed, personal identity documents like a voter id card or passport and two passport size photographs.
Duration of the Course
The duration of study of a bachelor’s course in foreign trade is three years. But unlike regular classroom students, distance learning candidates do not have to sit for the final examination at the end of three years at a time notified by the institute. So, the duration of study of bachelor of foreign trade through distance learning is not fixed. The flexibility of the program allows distance education candidates to attend examinations at their own choice of time.
International trade is a very prominent industry of India and the world. So the number of jobs available in this sector is many and ever increasing. Scores of private organizations employ personnel with a degree in foreign trade. The service and product wing of the government of India or the world also have openings for graduates in foreign trade.
If you are not keen about pursuing a full time job, opt to go for higher studies in the subject or conduct research which will ultimately take you to academics.
- B.Sc. Fashion & Apparel Design
- Bachelor of Academic Laws
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Bank Mgt
- Bachelor of Business Mgt
- Bachelor of Business Admin
- Bachelor of Commerce(Honours)
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Communication & Journalism
- Bachelor of Computer Application
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Foreign Trade
- Mechanical Engineering Correspondence Degree Courses
- Bachelor of Corporate Secretaryship
- Bachelor of General Law
- Bachelor of Horticulture Science
- Bachelor of Information Sciences
- Bachelor of Journalism
- Bachelor of Law (Academic)
- Bachelor of Library & Information Science
- Bachelor of Literature
- Bachelor of Marketing Mgt
- Bachelor of Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Physical Education
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering Correspondence Degree Courses