Horticulture Science refers to the ways and means adopted for cultivation of plants including the means of preparing different types of soil for planting tubers, seeds and cuttings. It is a very popular professional course pursued by students and professionals who have an interest in plants, cultivation and gardening. Bachelor of horticulture science is best studied as a distance learning course as this type of course is flexible in nature and also cost effective. We list for you the distance learning institutes to pursue the course.
Distance Learning Institutes Offering Bachelor of Horticulture Science
|Name of the Institute||Contact Details|
|Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University||Dnyangangotri, near Gangapur Dam, Nasik- 422222, Maharashtra, India
Ph. No. – 0253-2231714
Fax No. – 0253-2230470
Website – www.ycmou.digitaluniversity.ac
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Process for Pursuing Bachelor of Horticulture Science through Distance Learning
- An applicant to this program of study must have passed the 10+2 examination from a board of study that is recognized by the government of India.
- Candidates from any stream of study are allowed to apply to this program, but an interest in gardening and plants is necessary if the student has to pursue a successful career in horticulture science.
- The admission process includes successful filling up and signing the application form available in the institute’s official website. The applicant must submit the registration fees along with the filled up application form within the date notified by the institute.
- To be submitted at the time of admission are documents like a copy of mark sheets of all examinations passed, identity proofs like a valid passport or voter id card and passport size photographs of the applicant.
Duration of the Course
The minimum period of study of any bachelor course in Indian institutes is three years. Some institutes extend the duration of study if practical programs are arranged at the end of the curriculum. For distance learning candidates, the duration of study may extend beyond three years because correspondence students generally do not sit for the final examination on the dates notified by the institute.
The different sectors where a student of horticulture science can get employment are:
- Academics / Research
- Parks & Gardens
- Production Management
- Sales & Marketing
- Landscape Design
- Public Service
- Sports & Golf Turf
- Owner & Entrepreneur of own garden