Bachelor of law, abbreviated to LL.B, is a professional undergraduate degree in law provided by law colleges and universities in India. A student can enroll in a regular classroom or a distance learning program of bachelor of law course. The distance learning course is preferred because it is cost effective and can also be pursued at a time convenient to the student.
Distance Learning Institutes Offering Bachelor of Law Course
Here we list for you the best law institutes in India that provide the bachelor of law course through distance education.
|Name of the Institute||Contact Details|
|Bangalore University||Jnana Bharathi, Bangalore, Karnataka – 560056, IndiaPh. No. – 080-22961006
Email – email@example.com
Fax No. – 080-23219295
Website – www.bub.ernet.in
|Annamalai University||Annamalai Nagar – 608002, Tamil Nadu, IndiaPh. No. – 91-4144-238248
Fax No. – 91-4144-238080
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in
|National Law School of India University||P O Bag 7201, Nagarbhavi – 560072, Bangalore, Karnataka, IndiaPh. No. – 91-80-23213160
Fax No. – 91-80-23160534
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.nls.ac.in
|University of Hyderabad||Central University, P O Hyderabad – 500046, Andhra Pradesh, IndiaPh. No. – 040-3010500
Fax No. – 040-23010145
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.uohyd.ernet.in
|Kurukshetra University||Kurukshetra – 136119, Haryana, IndiaPh. No. – 01744-238518
Website – www.kuk.ac.in
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for Distance Learning Bachelor of Law Course
- The minimum education qualification for studying the LL.B course is successful completion of 10+2 board examination (in this case, the candidate has to study a 5 years comprehensive LL.B course).
- A student can apply to the LL.B course of study after successful completion of graduation in any stream of study (in this case the duration of LL.B study will be 3 years).
- The applicant must score minimum 50 percent in his school examination or graduation for admission to bachelor of law course.
- Good communication, writing and oral skills are prerequisites for a student who wants to excel in the profession of law.
- Every candidate must submit completely filled up application form and application fees within the date notified by the institute for studying LL.B.
- Candidates must also submit essential documents like copies of mark sheets of all examinations passed, identity proofs and passport size photograph when the admission process is on.
Duration of the Course
The duration of study of bachelor of law course varies between three years to five years depending upon the structure of course or pattern of study followed by a particular institute.
The institutes which accept applications from students who have completed only 10+2 school examination, provide a five year integrated bachelor of law course. Other institutes which accept applications from only students who have completed graduation provide a 3 years bachelor of law course.
The duration of study for distance learning candidates may extend beyond the time allotted for regular classroom students as distance education students sit for the final examinations at a time suited to their personal and professional commitments.
The bachelor of law degree equips students to begin working as a legal professional. Some areas where a student can get employment after pursuing bachelor of law degree are:
- Association with firms as a corporate lawyer.
- The student can join his family’s or another individual’s legal firm.
- Several government organizations also employ students armed with a bachelors of law degree.