Do you love writing and literature? Would you like to convert your passion for the subject into a career? You can choose to pursue an undergraduate degree program in literature to further your chances in this field. A bachelor of literature degree can open before you various career options and therefore it is a chosen field of study for young students today.
With other academic priorities and full time jobs keeping students busy these days, distance education is the preferred mode of learning. Listed for you below are the best distance education institutes that teach bachelor of literature course through distance learning.
Distance Learning Institutes Offering Bachelor of Literature
|Name of the Institute||Contact Details|
|Annamalai University||Annamalai Nagar – 608002, Tamil Nadu, IndiaPh. No. – 91-4144-238248
Fax No. – 91-4144-238080
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in
|Alagappa University||Registrar, Alagappa University, Karaikudi – 630003, Tamil Nadu, IndiaPh. No. – 91-4565-228080
Fax No. – 91-4565-225202
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.alagappauniversity.ac.in
|Manonmaniam Sundaranar University||Convener Committee, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Abhishekapatti, Tirunelveli – 627012, Tamil Nadu, IndiaPh. No. – 09487999687
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.msuniv.ac.in
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for Bachelor of Literature through Distance Learning
- The minimum education qualification for pursuing a bachelor of literature degree is successful completion of 10+2 school examination.
- The applicant must have been a student from the arts stream to study bachelor of literature.
- Though not compulsory, the applicant must have an interest in reading and learning about contemporary and classical literature.
- Every applicant must submit a completed application form and registration fees before admission to the course.
- Documents such as copies of mark sheets of all examinations passed, identity proof and photographs must be submitted before admission.
Duration of the Course
The period of study for a distance learning course in bachelor of literature is minimum 3 years. Few institutes follow a semester pattern of study. For distance learning candidates, the duration of study may stretch further as they sit for examinations at their own convenient times.
The career opportunities after completion of this course are many and lucrative. The various job opportunities that a student of bachelor of literature can explore are:
- Freelance Writing
- Technical Writing
An established professional can proceed to pen his own book in the later years of life or write personal blog posts for different websites.