Mass Communication is a contemporary professional course that involves the study of the different means that people use to disseminate information among the people. The means of communication are known as mass media and include newspapers, radio, television and other advertising tools. The reason why mass communication is one of the most popular career courses in the country today is that it can be pursued by students from any stream of study.
We provide you with information on the best institutes to study bachelor of mass communication through distance learning.
Distance Learning Institutes Offering Bachelor of Mass Communication
|Name of the Institute||Contact Details|
|Sikkim Manipal University – Directorate of Distance Education||Director, Directorate of Distance Education, Sikkim Manipal University, Manipal Towers, 14 Old Airport Road, HAL II Stage, Bangalore – 560008, Karnataka, IndiaPh. No. – 080-40789100
Fax No. – 080-40789434
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.smude.edu.in
|Guru Jambheshwar University||Registrar, Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar – 125001, Haryana, IndiaPh. No. – 01662-263104
Website – www.gjust.ac.in
|Kota Open University (also known as Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University)||Rawat Bhata Road, Akhelgarh, Kota – 324001, Rajasthan, IndiaPh. No. – 0744-421254
Fax No. – 0744-421769
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.vmou.ac.in
|Mahatma Gandhi Gramodaya Vishwavidyalaya||Satna – 485331, Chitrakoot, Uttar Pradesh, IndiaPh. No. – 07670-65413
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.ruraluniversity-chitrakoot.org
|Awadhesh Pratap Singh University||Rewa, Madhya Pradesh, IndiaPh. No. – 07662-233436
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.apsurewa.ac.in
- The minimum academic qualification for pursuing a bachelor’s degree in mass communication is successful completion of 10+2 board examination.
- The applicant must have a flair for writing and must be aware of current affairs and general knowledge of the world.
- Few institutes organize an entrance test to judge the abilities of the candidate before admission. The test is followed by a group discussion and personal interview. In some other institutes, 10+2 results are considered as merit for admission.
- Every applicant must be able to submit at the time of admission photocopies of mark sheets of all examinations passed, identity proofs such as a voter id card or passport and passport or stamp size photographs
- The applicant must also submit, within the date notified by the institute, a completed and duly signed application form along with admission fees
Duration of Study
It is a three-year study program but some institutes arrange for internships and training programs for the candidates, thus extending the duration of study by 6 months to 1 year. However, for distance education students, the duration of study can be extended beyond three years.
Newspaper, magazine, television, radio, films and advertising are the chief areas where students of mass communication find employment. The different fields in which a student of mass communication can work are:
- Publishing (newspapers and magazines)
- Broadcasting and Digital Communication (television)
- Public Relations