Bachelor of Commerce, popularly referred to as B.Com, is an undergraduate degree offered by higher education institutes to students pursuing three years of study in the field of accountancy. It is because of the growing demand for accountants and banking officials in India and worldwide that an increasing number of students are enrolling in a B.Com course after school.
This page provides contact details of the best distance learning institutes for pursuing B.Com in India.
|Name of Institute||Contact Details|
|University of Madras||Centenary Building, Chepauk, Chennai – 600005, Tami,l Nadu, IndiaPh. No. – 044-25368778
Fax No. – 044-25366693
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.unom.ac.in
|University of Kerala, Institute of Distance Education||Kariavattom Campus, Post Office Thiruvananthapuram – 695001, Kerala, IndiaPh. No. – 0471-2308019
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.ideku.net
|Osmania University||Hyderabad – 500007, Andhra Pradesh, IndiaPh. No. – 040-27098951
Fax No. – 040-27090020
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.osmania.ac.in
|Patna University||Officer in Charge, New Administrative Building, Patna University Main Campus, Patna – 800005, Bihar, IndiaPh. No. – 91-612-2660191
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.pucc.bih.ac.in
|Jain Vishva Bharati Institute||Ladnun – 341306, Rajasthan, IndiaPh. No. – 01581-222110
Fax No. – 01581-223472
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.jvbi.ac.in
- An applicant to this study program must pass successfully the 10+2 board examination.
- The applicant must have studied in the commerce stream in the 10+2 school level (students pursuing science stream in the +2 level are also eligible).
- Most institutes, with the exception of some, conduct admissions based on the results in 10+2 school examination. There are a few that conduct admission entrance examinations.
- Submission of important documents like the completed application form, photocopies of school examination mark sheets and identity verifications like passport or voter id card is very necessary within the date notified by the institute.
- Also to be submitted are the registration fees and recent passport size photographs of the applicant.
Duration of Study
B.Com is a three – year course. Distance learning candidates are however not bound to complete the course within three years. They can extend the period of study to more than three years.
Career prospects in the field of commerce are many. Both private and public firms employ graduates in commerce. The fields in which a B.Com graduate can work are:
- Chartered Accountancy
- Cost & Works Accountancy
- Company Secretaryship
- Civil Services marketing
- Accounts Assistant
- Tax Assistant
- FMCG Sector
- Budget Analysis
- Book Keeper
- B.Sc. Fashion & Apparel Design
- Bachelor of Academic Laws
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Bank Mgt
- Bachelor of Business Mgt
- Bachelor of Business Admin
- Bachelor of Commerce(Honours)
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Communication & Journalism
- Bachelor of Computer Application
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Foreign Trade
- Mechanical Engineering Correspondence Degree Courses
- Bachelor of Corporate Secretaryship
- Bachelor of General Law
- Bachelor of Horticulture Science
- Bachelor of Information Sciences
- Bachelor of Journalism
- Bachelor of Law (Academic)
- Bachelor of Library & Information Science
- Bachelor of Literature
- Bachelor of Marketing Mgt
- Bachelor of Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Physical Education
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering Correspondence Degree Courses