Are you interested in fashion? Do the latest trends followed in the case of clothes and accessories in your country and over the world interest you? A degree in fashion and apparel design is perhaps the answer to securing your dream job.
A student can pursue this bachelor’s course of study as a regular classroom program or through distance education.
Distance Learning Institutes Offering B.Sc in Fashion and Apparel Design
Let us take a look at the best institutes in the country providing B.Sc in fashion and apparel design through distance learning.
|Name of the Institute||Contact Details|
|Bangalore University||Jnana Bharathi, Bangalore – 560056, Karnataka, IndiaPh. No. – 080-22961006
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax No. – 080-23219295
Website – www.bub.ernet.in
|Bangalore City College||160 Chelekere Main Road, Banaswadi Outer Ring Road, Kalyanagar Post, Behind B T S Bus Depot, Bangalore – 560043, Karnataka, IndiaPh. No. – 91-80-25459956
Fax No. – 91-80-25459958
Website – www.bangalorecitycollege.org
|Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University||Kolar Road, Bhopal – 462016, Madhya Pradesh, IndiaPh. No. – 0755-2492090
Fax No. – 0755-2424640
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.bhojvirtualuniversity.com
|Mahatma Gandhi University||Priyadarsini Hills, Post Office Kottayam, Kerala – 686560, IndiaPh. No. – 91-481-2731050
Fax No. – 91-481-2731002
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.mgu.ac.in
|Kuvempu University||The Director, Directorate of Distance Education, Kuvempu University, Jnana Sahyadri, Shankaraghatta – 577451, Shimoga, Karnataka, IndiaPh. No. – 08282-256221
Fax No. – 08282-256262
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.kuvempu.ac.in
|Integrated Academy of Management and Technology||Delhi – Hapur Bypass (NH – 24), Udyog Kunj, Ghaziabad – 201009, Delhi NCR, IndiaPh. No. – 91-120 2768951
Website – www.inmantec.edu
|Dr C V Raman University||Kargi Road, Kota, Bilaspur, Chhatisgarh, IndiaPh. No. – 91-7753-253736
Fax No. – 91-7753-253728
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.cvru.ac.in
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for B.Sc in Fashion and Apparel Design through Distance Learning
- The minimum educational qualifications for admission to a B.Sc course in fashion and apparel design is successful completion of 10+2 level of school examination from any stream of study.
- The minimum qualifying marks in the 10+2 level examination should be 35 percent.
- Generally, admission is based on merit, but there are institutes which conduct entrance examinations to test the eligibility of a student to study the course.
- If an admission test is conducted, it is followed by a group discussion and a personal interview.
- The applicant must submit copies of mark sheets of all examinations passed and identity proofs like passport or voter id card at the time of admission.
- Passport size photographs and completed application form must also be submitted within the date notified by the institute.
- A love and understanding of fashion and sketching is very important for a candidate taking admission to a B.Sc course in fashion and apparel design through distance learning.
Duration of the Course
The duration of B.Sc course in fashion and apparel design is three years. Distance learning candidates can choose to extend period of study further according to their professional and other academic commitments. It is the flexible nature of distance learning programs in fashion and apparel design that attracts even such students who will not pursue fashion design as a profession.
Brief Overview of the Course
Fashion designing is the most important component of the fashion industry of the world. So the number of employers in this field is also more than in other fields of fashion. A B.Sc degree in fashion and apparel design will not only get you employment and keep you updated on the latest happenings in the fashion industry, the course curriculum will also help you to acquire technical knowledge in garment construction, computer aided design, draping, pattern making and sewing. Fashion illustration and fashion merchandising are also important components of study in the B.Sc course in fashion and apparel design.
The career prospects in the world of fashion and apparel design is wide and lucrative. The fashion industry in India and over the world is specialized and includes multiple fields where students of fashion & apparel design find employment:
- Garment and Fabric Design
- Fashion Accessory Design
- Concept Management
- Design Production Management
- Quality Control and Planning
- Fashion Merchandising
- Color Mixing
- Fashion Marketing and Market Research
- Textile Science
- B.Sc. Fashion & Apparel Design
- Bachelor of Academic Laws
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Bank Mgt
- Bachelor of Business Mgt
- Bachelor of Business Admin
- Bachelor of Commerce(Honours)
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Communication & Journalism
- Bachelor of Computer Application
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Foreign Trade
- Mechanical Engineering Correspondence Degree Courses
- Bachelor of Corporate Secretaryship
- Bachelor of General Law
- Bachelor of Horticulture Science
- Bachelor of Information Sciences
- Bachelor of Journalism
- Bachelor of Law (Academic)
- Bachelor of Library & Information Science
- Bachelor of Literature
- Bachelor of Marketing Mgt
- Bachelor of Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Physical Education
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering Correspondence Degree Courses