Engineering perhaps is the most studied professional course around the world. Students opt to study various branches of engineering as the job prospects in this field are many and lucrative. With students taking up early jobs and pursuing other full time courses, studying engineering through distance learning has become a popular option in India. Distance learning courses provide flexibility of time and can be completed at the student’s convenience.
Chemical engineering is that branch of engineering studies that deals with the study of subjects like mathematics, life sciences, physical sciences and economics. Let us take a look at the best institutes in India that provide courses in chemical engineering through distance education.
Distance Learning Institutes Offering Chemical Engineering Course
|Name of the Institute||Contact Details|
|Andhra University||Registrar, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam – 530003, Andhra Pradesh, IndiaPh. No. – 91-891-2844444
Fax No. – 91-891-2755324
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.andhrauniversity.info
|IIMT Engineering College||Knowledge Park III, Plot No. 20 – A, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, IndiaPh. No. – 0120-2231880
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.iimtindia.net
|Al Habeeb College of Engineering & Technology (AHCET)||10 – 4 – 1 / A12 (C), opposite NMDC, Stilt Floor, Masab Tank, Hyderabad – 500028, Andhra Pradesh, IndiaPh. No. – 08417-204372
Fax No. – 08417-204440
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.alhabeebcollege.ac.in
|Calcutta Institute of Engineering and Management (CIEM)||24 / 1A Chandi Ghosh Road, Kolkata – 700040, West Bengal, IndiaPh. No. – (033)2421-9951
Fax No. – (033)2481-6767
Website – www.ciemcal.org
|Malaviya National Institute of Technology (MNIT)||Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, Jaipur – 302017, Rajasthan, IndiaPh. No. – 91-141-2529087
Fax No. – 91-141-2529029
Email – email@example.com
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for Distance Learning Chemical Engineering Course
- The minimum academic qualification for studying chemical engineering is successful completion of 10+2 school board examination.
- All applicants must have studied science with Physics, chemistry, mathematics and biology in the 10+2 level of school.
- The applicant must score minimum 50 percent marks in the 10+2 school examination.
- If the applicant is employed, he must submit letter of recommendation from the employer or employment certificate.
- Copies of mark sheets of all examinations passed must be submitted during admission.
- Identity proofs of the applicant is also necessary for admission to this course.
- Some colleges in India offer admission based on the scores obtained by applicant in national or state level entrance examinations like AIEEE (All India Engineering Entrance Examination) or JEE (Joint Entrance Examination).
Duration of the Course
The minimum time required to study chemical engineering as a distance learning program is four years. However, all distance learning candidates do not sit for the final examination at the same time, so there is no definite duration of study of chemical engineering through distance learning.
There are plenty of career options to choose from for a student who has passed chemical engineering through distance learning. Few industries where he can find employment are:
- Power production
- Tyre manufacturing
- Specialty chemicals
- Synthetic fiber