Distance learning certificate course in computer applications is very popular among the young students because of the short duration of the course and because of the fact that the course is cost effective. Students can also pursue any other academic program or a full time career if enrolled in the distance learning certificate course in computer applications. Listed below are the best correspondence education institutes for studying certificate course in computer applications.
Distance Learning Institutes Offering Certificate Course in Computer Applications
|Name of the Institute||Contact Details|
|Madhya Pradesh Bhoj (Open) University||Kolar Road, Bhopal – 462016, Madhya Pradesh, IndiaPh. No. – 0755-2492090
Fax No. – 0755-2424640
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.bhojvirtualuniversity.com
|Tamil Nadu Open University||Directorate of Technical Education Campus, Guindy, Chennai – 600025, Tamil Nadu, IndiaPh. No. – 044-22300704
Fax No. – 044-22200601
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.tnou.ac.in
|Kurukshetra University||Kurukshetra – 136119, Haryana, IndiaPh. No. – 01744-238169
Email – email@example.com
|University of Madras||Centenary Building, Chepauk, Chennai – 600005, Tamil Nadu, IndiaPh. No. – 044-25368778
Fax No. – 044-25366693
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.unom.ac.in
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for Studying Distance Learning Certificate Course in Computer Applications
- A student who has passed the 10+2 level school examination or has appeared in the same and is awaiting the results can apply to this course.
- Some institutes also accept applications from students who have passed only the secondary level of school examination. However, with the rise in demand for the course and the limited seats, minimum 10+2 qualification has become compulsory.
- The applicant must have studied computers in school.
- Every applicant must successfully submit a completely filled up application form and the registration fees within the date that is mentioned in the institute’s website or prospectus.
- Other essential documents to be submitted at the time of admission include photocopies of mark sheets of every examination passed, recent passport size photos of the candidate and identity proofs of the applicant.
Duration of the Course
The duration of study of a certificate course in computer applications varies between six months to one year. The period of study depends upon the curriculum of the course followed in the institute and its administration. Distance learning students can however choose to extend their duration of study to more than a year, since there is no fixed time for these candidates to appear for the final examination.
The career opportunities for a student of computer applications are many and lucrative. Both the government and the private sector of the economy make use of computers on a daily basis. So the demand for a computer applications operator is high. The various positions that they enjoy after completion of the course are:
- Web designing
- Desktop publishing
- Web hosting
- Video and music processing
- Animation filmmaker