Computers are an integral part of all types of learning in all stages of a student’s academic career. Though the basics of computers are taught to a school student, there are certain types of programming which can be pursued only after the end of school or college study. A student can pursue certificate course in computer programming as a regular classroom program or via distance education. The computer programs may be related to a student’s academic requirements or may help to further professional needs.
Distance Learning Institutes Offering Certificate Course in Computer Programming
Below is a list of the best institutes in the country that impart distance learning certificate course in computer programming.
|Name of the Institute||Contact Details|
|Kota Open University (Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University)||Rawat Bhatra Road, Akhelgarh, Kota – 324001, District Kota, Rajasthan, IndiaPh. No. – 91-744-421254
Fax No. – 91-744-421769
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.vmou.ac.in
|Indira Gandhi Institute of Management and Technical Education||B – 0 – 516, Nikhera Apartment, New Colony Sadar, Nagpur, Maharashtra, IndiaPh. No. – 0712-3274393
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.igmite.org
|N B Educational Institute||4th floor, J B House, near Ishwar Bhuvan Hall, Commerce Six Road, Navarangpura, Ahmedabad – 380014, Gujarat, India|
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for Distance Learning Certificate Course in Computer Programming
- The minimum education qualification for admission to a certificate course in computer programming is successful completion of 10+2 level examination.
- There are however certain special computer programs that require qualifications such as graduation or diploma for better understanding of the program. Similarly there are other computer programs which are limited within a particular profession and pursued by only people who are part of that profession.
- An applicant to this study program must possess a computer (desktop or laptop) at home.
- Every applicant must submit documents such as application form, identity proofs, copies of mark sheets and passport photographs at the time of admission.
Duration of the Course
The duration of distance learning certificate course in computer programming varies from one institute to another. The minimum period of study is six months. The type of programs that an applicant chooses to study will play a decisive role in determining the duration of the course. Distance learning candidates usually do not sit for examinations at the time notified for regular classroom students, so for them there is no real fixed duration of study. Flexibility of the course is the chief reason why an increasing number of students and professionals are opting to study computer programming through distance learning.
Brief Overview of the Course
Computer programming deals with the study of various programs and languages of computers. There are certain topics which are part of every distance learning module of computer programming in different institutes across India. These are:
- Understanding and learning of a business programming language that is used in Windows
- Basic understanding of operating systems including Windows
- Visual Basic
- Programming Codes & Calculations
- How to Use a PC