Consumer Protection is a special branch of knowledge that students pursue to achieve promotion and further their professional achievements. This is the reason why students opt to study a certificate course through distance learning in consumer protection. Not only is a certificate course short in duration, courses pursued via distance education will help the candidate to work full time and study as per his convenience.
Distance Learning Institutes Offering Certificate Course in Consumer Protection
Listed below are some institutes in India that provide certificate course in consumer protection through distance learning.
|Name of the Institute||Contact Details|
|Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)||Maidan Garhi, Delhi – 110068, IndiaPh. No. – 011-29535924
Fax No. – 011-29532312
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.ignou.ac.in
|Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL)||Symbiosis Bhawan, 1065 B, Gokhale Cross Road, Pune – 411016, Maharashtra, IndiaPh. No. – 02066211000
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.scdl.net
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for Distance Learning Certificate Course in Consumer Protection
- The minimum eligibility criteria for enrolling in a certificate course in consumer protection through distance learning is graduation in any stream from a university or college recognized by the government of India.
- Some institutes also allow admission to candidates who are diploma holders from a polytechnic college and can show relevant work experience.
- Since working professionals generally opt for studying this course, a work experience of minimum 3 years is essential.
- Applicants must submit letter of recommendation from the head of the organization last worked for.
- Every applicant must submit filled up and duly signed application form along with registration fees at the time of admission.
- Copies of mark sheets of examinations passed and other essential documents like copy of voter id card and passport photographs must also be submitted at the institute admission counters.
- Admission for international students is also based on marks secured in high school / graduation examinations. They must have passed from a college / university recognized by the government.
Duration of the Course
The minimum time of study of a certificate course in consumer protection is six months. However the duration may vary from one institute to another depending on the administration and the course syllabus followed. For distance learning candidates, there is no fixed period of study. The flexibility of a distance education program gives them the opportunity to sit for the final examination at their own chosen time.
A degree or certificate in consumer protection will help a student to make a career in law. Manufacturing firms and several other organizations also employ a certificate holder in consumer protection as looking after the interests and rights of a consumer is the responsibility of every firm. There are consumer advocacy groups operating in every country that employ specialists in the field for legal advice.