Fish culture, also known as aquaculture or fish farming, is the process of raising fish to be used as food material in a closed water enclosure like a tank. The demand for animal protein in the form of fish is widespread not only in India but over the world. For this, experts are required; only skilled people can capture fish and put them in an enclosed space to ensure proper growth.
It is for this reason that many people are enrolling in short term and long term courses in fish culture. Pursuing a certificate course in the subject through distance learning ensures that the candidate can also practice a full time career. Moreover, a distance learning course is cost effective and of short duration. Listed below are the best distance learning institutes in India that provide a certificate course in fish culture.
Distance Learning Universities Offering Certificate Course in Fish Culture
|Name of the University||Contact Details|
|Manonmaniam Sundaranar University||Convener Committee, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Abhishekapatti, Tirunelveli – 627012, Tamil Nadu, IndiaPh. No. – 9487999687
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.msuniv.ac.in
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for Studying Distance Learning Certificate Course in Fish Culture
- All students who have passed their 10+2 school board examination successfully or are awaiting the results of the same can apply for study of the distance learning certificate program in fish culture.
- Admission is based on merit, so the institute notifies the minimum marks required for applying to the program based on the 10+2 results in the current academic year.
- Every applicant must produce at the time of admission copies of all examinations passed. A candidate who is awaiting results must produce a document that verifies the same from the school he last attended.
- Other documents to be submitted at the time of admission are recent passport size photographs, identity proofs like valid passport and voter id card, a filled up application form and registration fees.
Duration of the Course
The minimum period of study of a certificate course in fish culture is six months. Some institutes however extend the duration of study further if practical classes or training programs are incorporated in the curriculum. For distance learning candidates, there is no fixed duration of study because these candidates generally attend only weekend classes and also appear for the final examinations only after their academic and professional commitments are sorted.
Fishing being a very important industry in India, there are several organizations in the country which employ qualified students from the related background of study. There are government as well as private firms in India that work for the benefit of the fishing industry of the country. The chief responsibility of fish culture specialists is to improve the conditions under which fish are cultured in the country. Fish farmers have to ensure that the best quality fish are raised for edible purposes.
- Basic Electronics
- Communicative English
- Computer Applications
- Computer Fundamentals
- Computer Operation
- Computer Programing
- Computer Upgradation Maintenance
- Consumer Protection
- Digital Electronics
- Disaster Management
- Domestic Wireman
- Environmental Studies
- Fish Culture