Floriculture, also referred to as flower farming, is one of the most popular disciplines of horticulture. If a person is interested in cultivating ornamental plants for gardens or in plant breeding, he can pursue a short term course in floriculture after the end of school. Being part of the course via distance education will help the candidate pursue another full time course or also be employed full time.
Distance Learning Institutes Offering Diploma in Floriculture
|Name of the Institute||Contact Details|
|Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University||Dnyangangotri, near Gangotri Dam, Nasik – 422222, Maharashtra, IndiaPh. No. – 0253-2231714
Fax No. – 0253-2230470
Website – www.ycmou.digitaluniversity.ac
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for Pursuing a Distance Learning Diploma Course in Floriculture
- Every applicant to the distance learning diploma course in floriculture must have passed the 10+2 school higher secondary examination successfully.
- The candidate can be from any stream of study but must have an interest in flowers and gardening to be successful in studying the course and pursuing a career in the field.
- At the time of admission, every applicant must submit documents notified by the institute admission authorities that include mark sheets of all examinations passed, passport size photographs and identity verifications such as valid passport or voter id card.
- Submission of the completely filled up application form and registration fees within the date notified by the institute is very important for admission to the course.
- The candidate must continue practical exercises in his own garden or a farming area in order to remain acquainted with the concept of floriculture .
Duration of the Course
The minimum duration of study of a distance learning diploma course in floriculture is one year. However, the study program sometimes extends beyond one year if the curriculum followed is extensive. Distance learning students do not have any fixed time of completion of course; the flexibility of the course allows them to appear for the final examinations as and when they want to.
A person who is qualified with a diploma in floriculture is called a floriculturist. A floriculturist is responsible for cultivating and marketing of flowers and foliage plants. The other responsibilities that a floriculturist is entrusted with are:
- Bulb and seed production
- Growing of potted plants and nursery plants
- Micro propagation
- Extracting essential oils from flowers and plants
Floriculturists sometimes assume the role of landscape designers, floral designers, horticultural therapists and groundskeepers.
- Advanced Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in General Electronics
- Advanced Diploma in Computer Application
- Diploma in Horticulture Nursery Mgt
- Advanced Diploma in Software Systems
- Diploma in Industrial Electronics
- Diploma in Industrial Hygiene
- Biopesticides Technology & Biofertilizer Production
- Diploma Course in Culture and Tourism
- Diploma in Industrial Safety
- Diploma in Apparel Merchanding & Marketing (AMM)
- Diploma in Applied Electronics
- Diploma in Journalism
- Diploma in Basic Web-Technology
- Diploma in Kannada
- Diploma in Chemical Process, Instrumentation and Control
- Diploma in Labour Laws
- Diploma in Communication Engineering
- Diploma in Law of Taxation
- Diploma in Communicative English
- Diploma in Library & Information Science
- Diploma in Maintenance Engineering & Management
- Diploma in Management
- Diploma in Computer Applications
- Diploma in Office Management
- Diploma in Computer Programming
- Diploma in Computer Technology
- Diploma in Computing
- Diploma in Construction Management
- Diploma in Population and Health Management
- Diploma in Creative Writing in English
- Diploma in Primary Education
- Diploma in Production Mgt.
- Diploma in School Management
- Diploma in Seed Production Technology
- Diploma in Statistics
- Diploma in Tourism & Hotel Mgt.
- Diploma in Creative Writing in Hindi
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education
- Diploma in Energy Mgt. Technology
- Diploma in Fashion Design & Boutique Management
- Diploma in Financial Management
- Diploma in Dairy Management
- Diploma in Floriculture and Landscape Gardening
- Diploma in Fruit Production