General electronics is a contemporary professional course that can be pursued by a student either through regular classroom studies or distance learning. In most cases, students pursue general electronics as a distance online program or correspondence course in order to add to their academic qualifications while also working. Moreover, the cost of studying general electronics as a distance learning course also comes down when compared to regular studies in the subject. The flexibility of the course which allows a student to give examinations at his chosen time is also an important reason why more students are opting to study distance learning diploma in general electronics. Let us take a look at some of the important institutes that teach general electronics through distance learning.
Distance Learning Universities Offering Diploma in General Electronics
|Name of the University||Contact Details|
|Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University||Dnyangangotri, near Gangapur Dam, Nasik – 422222, Maharashtra, IndiaPh. No. – 0253-2231714
Fax No. – 0253-2230470
Website – www.ycmou.digitaluniversity.ac
|Cellcom Mobile Training Institute||Plot No. 2182, Samantaray Colony, Kalpana Area, Bhubaneswar – 14Ph. No. – 91-9861083738
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.cmtiorissa.org
|Advanced Training Institute for Electronics and Process Instrumentation||Ramanthapur, Uppal Road, Hyderabad – 500013, Andhra Pradesh, IndiaPh. No. – 04027037266
Website – www.atiepihyderabad.gov.in
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for Distance Learning Diploma in General Electronics
The eligibility criteria for admission to a distance learning diploma course in general electronics vary from one institute to another. However, a candidate has to successfully pass the school secondary examination for pursuing a diploma in general electronics. Students from any part of the country, following any national or state board of education syllabus, are eligible to study a diploma course in general electronics. The other admission requirements to study the course are:
- The applicant must successfully fill up and submit the duly signed application form in time.
- The applicant must submit a copy of mark sheet of Class X examination.
- Submission of mark sheets of any examination passed after secondary school level.
- Submission of identity proof like valid passport or voter id card.
- Submission of application fees on time.
- Some institutes admit only students who have completed higher secondary studies with science or graduation in science, if there is a shortage of seats in any academic session.
Duration of the Course
The duration of diploma in general electronics course varies from one month to one year. The duration is usually different from one institute to another. For distance learning, a candidate does not have to sit for examinations at stipulated times of the year, he can extend the period of study to more than a year as per his professional and academic commitments.
Career Prospects after Studying the Course
The software industry in India employs general electronics diploma holders in large numbers. Some software firms that a student of general electronics can choose from are:
- Tata Consultancy Services
If a candidate chooses to work for core companies, he can choose from the following:
- Samsung Electronics
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
- LG Electronics
On the other hand, a student can opt for higher studies in general electronics after completing a diploma in the subject. Higher studies like research or master’s programs can help him to start a career in academics.
- Advanced Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in General Electronics
- Advanced Diploma in Computer Application
- Diploma in Horticulture Nursery Mgt
- Advanced Diploma in Software Systems
- Diploma in Industrial Electronics
- Diploma in Industrial Hygiene
- Biopesticides Technology & Biofertilizer Production
- Diploma Course in Culture and Tourism
- Diploma in Industrial Safety
- Diploma in Apparel Merchanding & Marketing (AMM)
- Diploma in Applied Electronics
- Diploma in Journalism
- Diploma in Basic Web-Technology
- Diploma in Kannada
- Diploma in Chemical Process, Instrumentation and Control
- Diploma in Labour Laws
- Diploma in Communication Engineering
- Diploma in Law of Taxation
- Diploma in Communicative English
- Diploma in Library & Information Science
- Diploma in Maintenance Engineering & Management
- Diploma in Management
- Diploma in Computer Applications
- Diploma in Office Management
- Diploma in Computer Programming
- Diploma in Computer Technology
- Diploma in Computing
- Diploma in Construction Management
- Diploma in Population and Health Management
- Diploma in Creative Writing in English
- Diploma in Primary Education
- Diploma in Production Mgt.
- Diploma in School Management
- Diploma in Seed Production Technology
- Diploma in Statistics
- Diploma in Tourism & Hotel Mgt.
- Diploma in Creative Writing in Hindi
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education
- Diploma in Energy Mgt. Technology
- Diploma in Fashion Design & Boutique Management
- Diploma in Financial Management
- Diploma in Dairy Management
- Diploma in Floriculture and Landscape Gardening
- Diploma in Fruit Production