With the increasing number of HIV and AIDS patients in India and worldwide, a program designed to educate people on the skills and reasons for maintaining healthy human relationships so as to prevent the spread of infection, is very necessary. This is exactly what the certificate course in HIV family education aims to do. A short term certificate course in the subject will benefit not only people associated with the health industry but also the common man.
Correspondence studies in the subject have become very popular since weekend classes allow candidates to pursue another full time academic program or career. Listed below are distance learning universities in the country that provide certificate course in HIV family education.
Distance Learning Universities Offering Certificate Course in HIV Family Education
|Name of the University||Contact Details|
|Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)||Regional Director, IGNOU Regional Centre, 52 Tughlakabad Institutional Area, near Batra Hospital, New Delhi – 110062, IndiaPh. No. – 011-6082715
Fax No. – 011-6079172
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.ignou.ac.in
|UP Rajarshi Tandon Open University||Shantipuram, Sector F, Phaphamau, Allahabad – 211013, Uttar Pradesh, IndiaPh. No. – 0532-2447035
Fax No. – 0532-2447032
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.uprtouallahabad.org.in
|Nalanda Open University||2nd / 3rd floor, Biscomaun Bhawan, Gandhi Maidan, Patna – 800001, Bihar, IndiaPh. No. – 0612-2201013
Fax No. – 0612-2201001
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.nalandaopenuniversity.com
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for Pursuing a Distance Learning Certificate Course in HIV Family Education
- All students who have passed their 10+2 school board examination are eligible to pursue a certificate course in HIV family education through distance learning.
- There is no maximum age limit for application. All professionals and graduates can study this course.
- The admission process comprises submission of important documents like the filled up application form and registration fees within a date notified by the institute.
- All other documents mentioned in the institute’s prospectus like copies of mark sheets, identity proofs and passport size photographs must be produced by the candidate at the time of admission.
Duration of the Course
The duration of study varies from one institute to another. Generally it extends to a period of six months. For distance learning candidates though, there is no fixed duration of study because they can appear for examinations as and when they choose to.
The chief responsibilities of a candidate armed with a degree in HIV family planning are:
- Disseminate information on how to maintain healthy sexual relationships so as to prevent the spread of infection and diseases.
- Communicate with patients and the common man in order to educate them on the benefits of HIV education.
- Take the right decisions at the right time in cases of HIV / STD infection and such other health related problems.
- Basic Electronics
- Communicative English
- Computer Applications
- Computer Fundamentals
- Computer Operation
- Computer Programing
- Computer Upgradation Maintenance
- Consumer Protection
- Digital Electronics
- Disaster Management
- Domestic Wireman
- Environmental Studies
- Fish Culture