Study of Kannada at the school level or at any stage of your academic career will help a candidate get jobs in a field where interaction in the language is necessary. Learning of the language will also help to make a candidate acquainted with the rich culture and heritage of India.
There are several institutions in India which offer long term and short term courses in the language. Students prefer to pursue certificate course in the Kannada language through distance learning in order to be able to pursue a full time academic program or a profession.
Distance Learning Institutes Offering Certificate Course in Kannada
Let us take a look at some institutes in the country that offer distance learning certificate course in Kannada.
|Name of the Institute||Contact Details|
|Karnataka Open University||Manasagangotri, Mysore – 570006, IndiaPh. No. – 91-49254900
Fax No. – 91-49254999
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.ksouonline.com
|Bangalore University||Directorate of Correspondence Courses & Distance Education Central College Campus, Dr Ambedkar Veedhi, Bangalore – 560001, Karnataka, IndiaPh. No. – 080-2211232
Fax No. – 080-23219295
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.bub.ernet.in
|Dravidian University||School of Distance & Continuing Education, Dravidian University, Kuppam – 517425, Chittoor District, Andhra Pradesh, IndiaPh. No. – 91-8570-278220
Fax No. – 91-8570-278230
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
|Gulbarga University||Jnana Ganga, Gulbarga – 585106, Karnataka, IndiaPh. No. – 91 8472 263202
Website – www.gulbargauniversity.kar.nic.in
Eligibility Criteria & Admission Procedure for Distance Learning Certificate Course in Kannada
The eligibility criteria for admission to a certificate course in Kannada through distance learning differ from one institute to another.
- The minimum education qualification to study a certificate course in Kannada is successful completion of 10+2 examination in any stream.
- There are a few institutes in India that relax this rule to allow candidates who have completed their secondary education from a board recognized by the government of India to enroll in the course.
- The selection of candidates is based on merit and performance in higher secondary examinations. Most institutes however close admission procedure once seats are filled.
- The candidates must submit filled up and signed application forms, application fees, identity proofs and mark sheets of school examinations passed during the time of admission.
Duration of the Course
A correspondence certificate course in Kannada generally lasts for six months. There are however certain institutes that extend the program till the end of one year. Distance learning students can choose to extend the duration of study further, as often they sit for the final examinations as per professional and personal convenience.
Learning of the Kannada language proves most beneficial to students and professionals who have to interact in the local language. Some professions where you require the knowledge of a regional language like Kannada the most are:
- Business Process Outsourcing units operating from Karnataka
- Public Relations firms that deal with clients in Karnataka
- Communication Management firms
- Print & Electronic Media, especially the media houses located in Karnataka
- Position of Kannada reader, lecturer or professor in a public or private institute of India or other places of the world
- Students can also choose to pursue further research in the subject and then get into academics
- Basic Electronics
- Communicative English
- Computer Applications
- Computer Fundamentals
- Computer Operation
- Computer Programing
- Computer Upgradation Maintenance
- Consumer Protection
- Digital Electronics
- Disaster Management
- Domestic Wireman
- Environmental Studies
- Fish Culture