A student can pursue diploma studies in maintenance engineering and management through regular study programs or distance education. Distance education in this field of study is preferred by many who want to further their academic qualifications while also pursuing a professional career or along with regular academic course. The less cost of distance learning diploma in maintenance engineering and management also attracts students and professionals towards this course.
Brief Overview of the Course
Maintenance engineering and management refers to the application of engineering concepts for optimizing equipment, departmental budgets and procedures to achieve reliability, maintainability and availability of equipments. Equipment, machinery, systems and infrastructure are increasing by the day and therefore maintenance and management of such equipment is also necessary.
Distance Learning Universities Offering Diploma in Maintenance Engineering and Management
|Name of the University||Contact Details|
|Annamalai University||Annamalai Nagar – 608002, Tamil Nadu, IndiaPh. No. – 91-4144-238248
Fax No. – 91-4144-238080
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in
|Indian Institute of Management and Engineering||No. 80, Bbmp Kno 127, K H Road, Bangalore – 560027, Karnataka, IndiaPh. No. – 9986056830
Website – www.iimeindia.in
|Institute of Maintenance Management Education||39 – D, Ayodhya Enclave, Rohini, Sector 13, Delhi – 110085, IndiaPh. No. – 91-11-27568553
Fax No. – 91-11-27866481
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.immeindia.org
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Requirements for Distance Learning Diploma in Maintenance Engineering and Management
The minimum academic qualification for admission to diploma course in maintenance engineering and management is successful completion of 10+2 board examination. Other essential requirements are listed below:
- The applicant must have passed 10+2 in the science stream.
- The applicant must have scored minimum 40 percent in the high school examination.
- Graduation is not compulsory but is always an added advantage. Graduation must also be completed in a science subject.
- Applicant must submit copy of mark sheets of all examinations passed.
- Application fee and duly signed and filled in application form must be submitted at the time notified by the institute.
- Candidate must submit two passport size photographs.
- Copies of identity proofs like voter id card and valid passport must be submitted.
- All applicants who enjoy the benefits of reservation must submit certificates at the time of admission.
Duration of the Course
The duration of study for a diploma course in maintenance engineering and management is one year. However, the time period is relaxed in case of correspondence or online studies. A student pursuing distance learning in the subject can adjust the period of study keeping his professional and personal requirements in mind. In fact the flexibility of the study time and period of correspondence courses makes it more popular among students in India and abroad.
Career Prospects after Completion of Course
There is a wide range of career options that students can avail after the completion of a diploma course in maintenance engineering and management. A career in maintenance engineering is lucrative and rewarding. Listed below are some of the designations that a student of maintenance engineering enjoys:
- Engineering Maintenance Planning Manager
- Maintenance Engineer Manager
- Engineering Supervisor
- Maintenance Manager
- Engineering Shift Manager
- Maintenance Team Manager
- Advanced Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in General Electronics
- Advanced Diploma in Computer Application
- Diploma in Horticulture Nursery Mgt
- Advanced Diploma in Software Systems
- Diploma in Industrial Electronics
- Diploma in Industrial Hygiene
- Biopesticides Technology & Biofertilizer Production
- Diploma Course in Culture and Tourism
- Diploma in Industrial Safety
- Diploma in Apparel Merchanding & Marketing (AMM)
- Diploma in Applied Electronics
- Diploma in Journalism
- Diploma in Basic Web-Technology
- Diploma in Kannada
- Diploma in Chemical Process, Instrumentation and Control
- Diploma in Labour Laws
- Diploma in Communication Engineering
- Diploma in Law of Taxation
- Diploma in Communicative English
- Diploma in Library & Information Science
- Diploma in Maintenance Engineering & Management
- Diploma in Management
- Diploma in Computer Applications
- Diploma in Office Management
- Diploma in Computer Programming
- Diploma in Computer Technology
- Diploma in Computing
- Diploma in Construction Management
- Diploma in Population and Health Management
- Diploma in Creative Writing in English
- Diploma in Primary Education
- Diploma in Production Mgt.
- Diploma in School Management
- Diploma in Seed Production Technology
- Diploma in Statistics
- Diploma in Tourism & Hotel Mgt.
- Diploma in Creative Writing in Hindi
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education
- Diploma in Energy Mgt. Technology
- Diploma in Fashion Design & Boutique Management
- Diploma in Financial Management
- Diploma in Dairy Management
- Diploma in Floriculture and Landscape Gardening
- Diploma in Fruit Production