Master of Arts, is a postgraduate degree offered by universities to students who have completed a two – year course in humanities, social sciences, philosophy or fine arts. An MA degree can be pursued through regular classroom programs or distance learning.
Correspondence education is preferred these days due to its flexible pattern, cost effective structure and convenience to study from anywhere. We list for you the best distance learning institutes in the country for pursuing Master of Arts.
Distance Learning Institutes Offering Master of Arts
|Name of Institute||Contact Details|
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110068, India
Ph. No. – 011-29535924
Fax No. – 011-29532312
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.ignou.ac.in
Karnataka State Open University
Kanasagangotri, Mysore – 570006, Karnataka, India
Ph. No. – 0821-2512471
Fax No. – 0821-2500846
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.ksoumysore.com
Rajarshi Tandon Open University
Shantipuram, Sector F, Phaphamau – 211013, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
Ph. No. – 0532-2447035
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.uprtouallahabad.org.in
Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
near Gangapur Dam, Tnyangangotri, Nashik, Maharashtra – 422222, India
Ph. No. – 0253 2230470
Fax No – 0253-2230470
Website – www.ycmou.digitaluniversity.ac
Nalanda Open University
2nd / 3rd floor, Biscomaun Bhawan, Gandhi Maidan, Patna – 800001, Bihar, India
Ph. No. – 0612-2201013
Fax No. – 0612-2201001
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.nalandaopenuniversity.coHYPERLINK “http://www.nalandaopenuniversity.com/”m
- The minimum academic qualification for studying MA is successful completion of graduation in the humanities stream.
- There are some universities that offer MA degree to candidates who have passed out from the science stream.
- Admission is generally based on merit in graduation, but there are some institutes which conduct entrance examinations for admission to special professional courses.
- Every applicant must be able to produce at the time of admission, copies of mark sheets of school and college examinations passed, two recent passport size photographs and copies of identity verification proofs like passport or voter id card.
- The applicant must also submit the filled up & signed application form and the registration fees on time.
Duration of Study
The minimum period of study of MA is two years. This duration may increase in the case of professional courses where training and practical are part of the curriculum. Distance learning students do not have any fixed duration of study.
The career prospects after pursuing the MA course depends on the subject a candidate has chosen to study in the master’s level. There are a number of careers to choose from especially if a candidate pursues a professional course at master’s level. For example, if a student pursues MA in Mass Communication, he can start a career with the media industry. Master’s in Geography will help you to prepare for the Geographical Survey of India test. Similarly, MA in English opens doors to a job in a publishing house or in a newspaper. Today, banks also accept applications from master of arts students.
Those who are not interested in other sectors, can choose further research in their MA subject and later enter academics.
- Distance Learning Phd
- Master of Insurance Business
- Distance Learning M.Com
- Master of International Business Management
- Distance Learning MA
- Master of Investment Management
- Master of Bank Management
- Master of Law
- Master of Library and Information Science
- Distance Learning MBA Courses
- Master of Business Law
- Master of Mass Communication
- Master of Corporate Secretaryship
- M.Phil. (Master of Philosophy)
- Master of Education
- Master of Physical Education
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Finance & Control
- Distance Learning MSC
- Distance learning M.Tech
- Master of Financial Management
- Master of Tourism Management
- Master of Foreign Trade
- Master of Human Resources Management
- Distance Learning MCA
- Master of Information Sciences
- Distance Learning MS