Master of Law, abbreviated to LLM, is a post graduation academic degree pursued by students who want to make a career in the field of law. With students starting a professional career very early on in life, distance education has become very popular because of the flexibility and cost effectiveness of the course. In this page we give you a list of the best institutes in India where you can pursue masters of law through correspondence education.
Distance Learning Institutes Offering Master of Law
|Name of the Institute||Contact Details|
|Kurukshetra University||Kurukshetra – 136119, Haryana, IndiaPh. No. – 01744-238169
Fax No. – 01744-238277
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.kuk.ac.in
|National Law School of India||National Law School of India University, P O Bag – 7201, Nagarbhavi, Bangalore – 560072, Karnataka, IndiaPh. No. – 080-23213160
Fax No. – 080-23160534
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.nls.ac.in
|Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam||Tirupati – 517502, Andhra Pradesh, IndiaPh. No. – 0877-2248481
Fax No. – 0877-2248417
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.padmavatiwomen-univ.org
|Acharya Nagarjuna University||Nagarjuna University Distance Education Centre, Nagarjunanagar, Guntur – 522510, Andhra Pradesh, IndiaPh. No. – 293189
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.nagarjunauniversity.ac.in
|The Dr. Ambedkar Law College||19 – 3 – 2J / F1/ A20, Telugu Nagar, near Hotel Bliss, Renigunta Road, Tirupati – 517501, Andhra Pradesh, IndiaPh. No. – 0877-2232359
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.drambedkarlawcollege.com
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure
- The minimum academic qualification for admission to the LLM course of study is successful completion of graduation.
- The applicants must have completed their graduation in law; they must have passed the LLB degree.
- There is no maximum age limit for studying this course.
- Most law institutes conduct an entrance test at the time of admission. Admission is based on the performance in the test.
- If the applicant is a practicing lawyer, he / she must submit necessary document.
- The applicant must submit at the time of admission a completely filled up application form and registration fees.
- Other important documents to be submitted during admission are copy of mark sheets of school examination and graduation, copies of identity proofs such as voter id card and passport and recent passport size photographs of the candidate.
Duration of the Course
A minimum period of two years is required to complete a LLM degree. However, distance learning candidates can choose to extend their duration of study beyond two years; they generally appear for the final examinations at their own chosen time.
The LLM degree is pursued by a candidate who wants to start a career in law. After completion of the LLM degree, a candidate will get a license from the Bar Council of India which will help him to assume a position in courts of law and other judiciary bodies in the country. A candidate armed with the masters of law degree can also pursue work as a consultant with a private legal firm or work independently.
- Distance Learning Phd
- Master of Insurance Business
- Distance Learning M.Com
- Master of International Business Management
- Distance Learning MA
- Master of Investment Management
- Master of Bank Management
- Master of Law
- Master of Library and Information Science
- Distance Learning MBA Courses
- Master of Business Law
- Master of Mass Communication
- Master of Corporate Secretaryship
- M.Phil. (Master of Philosophy)
- Master of Education
- Master of Physical Education
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Finance & Control
- Distance Learning MSC
- Distance learning M.Tech
- Master of Financial Management
- Master of Tourism Management
- Master of Foreign Trade
- Master of Human Resources Management
- Distance Learning MCA
- Master of Information Sciences
- Distance Learning MS