Master of Education or M.Ed, is a postgraduate degree offered by universities in India and other countries. M.Ed is an essential degree for all students who want to start a career as a teacher. In this page, we list for you the most well-known distance learning institutes in the country to pursue master of education.
Distance Learning Institutes Offering Master of Education (M.Ed)
|Name of the Institute||Contact Details|
|Sikkim Manipal University of Distance Education||5th Mile, Tadong, Gangtok – 737102, Sikkim, India
Ph. No. – 080-40789100
Fax No. – 080-40789434
|Kakatiya University||Subedari, Hanamkonda, Warangal – 506009, District Warangal, Andhra Pradesh, India
Ph. No. – 0870-2438866
|Kurukshetra University||Kurukshetra, Haryana – 136119, India
Ph. No. – 01744-238518
|Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)||Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110068, India
Ph. No. – 011-29535924
Fax No. – 011-29532312
|Gujarat Vidyapith||Near Income Tax Office, Post Office Navijivan, Ashram Road, Ahmedabad – 380014, Gujarat, India
Ph. No. – 079-27541392
Fax No. – 079-27542547
- The minimum educational qualification for pursuing M.Ed is successful completion of B.Ed degree.
- The applicant must have scored a minimum of 50% in B.Ed to study M.Ed.
- Admission is based on the marks scored by candidate in B.Ed examination. Admission procedure is closed as soon as the seats are filled up.
- All applicants must be able to submit at the time of admission the completely filled up and duly signed institute application form along with the registration fees.
- The other necessary documents required at admission time are attested photocopies of mark sheets of school and B.Ed examinations and identity proofs of the candidate in the form of photocopy of passport or voter id card.
- Also to be submitted with the documents are recent passport size photographs of the applicant.
Duration of Study
The minimum period of study is two years. The course can be extended to a maximum period of four years if training programs are arranged by the institute. It is the curriculum followed and the administration of an institute that decides the duration of study. For a distance learning candidate, the time of study is flexible.
The M.Ed degree is pursued in order to get employment as a school teacher. In some states an M.Ed degree is necessary to get a professional teaching license. The other positions an M.Ed student can hold after completion of studies are:
- Curriculum and Instruction Manager
- Administration Manager
- Counseling – in – Charge
- Distance Learning Phd
- Master of Insurance Business
- Distance Learning M.Com
- Master of International Business Management
- Distance Learning MA
- Master of Investment Management
- Master of Bank Management
- Master of Law
- Master of Library and Information Science
- Distance Learning MBA Courses
- Master of Business Law
- Master of Mass Communication
- Master of Corporate Secretaryship
- M.Phil. (Master of Philosophy)
- Master of Education
- Master of Physical Education
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Finance & Control
- Distance Learning MSC
- Distance learning M.Tech
- Master of Financial Management
- Master of Tourism Management
- Master of Foreign Trade
- Master of Human Resources Management
- Distance Learning MCA
- Master of Information Sciences
- Distance Learning MS