Nutrition and Child Care are very important aspects of healthcare. There are several organizations and medical units in the country which specially cater to the needs of women and children. Medical students from over the country and outside opt to pursue specialized courses that will help them to get employment in this field of medicine.
Nutrition and Child Care can be pursued as a regular or a part time course. Distance learning certificate courses are widespread as they are flexible and cost effective and also short in duration. Let us take a look at some institutes that provide certificate distance learning course in nutrition and child care.
Distance Learning Institutes Offering Certificate Course in Nutrition and Child Care
|Name of the Institute||Contact Details|
|Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)||School of Continuing Education, IGNOU, Block G, Zakir Hussain Bhawan, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110068, IndiaPh. No. – 011-29536347
Fax No. – 011-29532313
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.ignou.ac.in
|Nalanda Open University||2nd / 3rd floor, Biscomaun Bhawan, Gandhi Maidan, Patna – 800001, Bihar, IndiaPh. No. – 0612-2201013
Fax No. – 0612-2201001
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.nalandaopenuniversity.com
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for Distance Learning Certificate Course in Nutrition and Child Care
- The minimum academic qualification for admission to a certificate course in nutrition and child care through distance learning is successful completion of 10+2 higher secondary studies.
- However, there are institutes which may demand a BPP (Bachelor Preparatory Program) for admission to the course.
- Studying basic science subjects like mathematics, biology, physics and chemistry is compulsory at the 10+2 level of school.
- There is no bar in age for admission to a distance learning certificate course in nutrition and child care.
- Every applicant must be able to submit at the time of admission the completely filled application form, registration fees, photocopies of mark sheets of examinations passed and other necessary documents like passport or voter id card.
Duration of the Course
The minimum duration of study for a certificate course in nutrition and child care is six months. There are however institutes that extend the period of study to two years. The duration of course depends on the syllabus of study followed and the institute’s administrative body. For distance education candidates, the duration of study may extend beyond two years, depending on the candidate’s time for sitting for the final examination.
Cost of Studying Certificate Course in Nutrition and Child Care through Distance Learning
The minimum course fees for six months period of study is INR 1,100. The cost of study also varies from one institute to another and is subject to the classroom facilities and features like placement amenities provided to students.
The career opportunities in the nutrition and child care department of medicine are many and lucrative. There are government and private organizations that employ well qualified nutritionists and child care specialists for the mother and child ward. The job prospects come in a wide range; while there are administrative and managerial positions to fill, there are also vacancies in positions that require practical work. You can work as a nutritionist, a pediatric gastroenterologist or a food server after completion of a certificate course in nutrition and child care through distance learning.
- Basic Electronics
- Communicative English
- Computer Applications
- Computer Fundamentals
- Computer Operation
- Computer Programing
- Computer Upgradation Maintenance
- Consumer Protection
- Digital Electronics
- Disaster Management
- Domestic Wireman
- Environmental Studies
- Fish Culture