Population health management is a branch of study in several institutes of India and across the world. The study includes the management of diseases which affect the population of a country, the study of chronic conditions, intensive care management and personal health management. A practitioner of population health management works to improve the health and living conditions of the entire population.
Population health management can be pursued at the graduate and postgraduate levels of study. Let us take a look at some of the institutes that provide distance learning diploma in Population Health Management and the admission requirements for studying this course.
Distance Learning Institutes Offering Diploma in Population Health Management
|Name of the Institute||Contact Details|
|Global Institute of Medical Sciences (GIMS)||2nd Floor, SANFA Plaza, 16 – 8 – 932 / 1 Nalgonda X Roads, New Malakpet, Hyderabad – 500024, Andhra Pradesh, IndiaPh. No. – 91-40-65741415
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.gimsindia.hpage.com
|All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health (AIIH & PH)||110 C R Avenue, Kolkata – 700073, West Bengal, IndiaPh. No. – 022-22412860
Website – www.thewbuhs.org
|The Indian Institute of Public Health (IIPH)||ISID Campus, 4 Institutional Area, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi – 110070, IndiaPh. No. – 91-11-49566000
Fax No. – 91-11-49566063
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.phfi.org
|Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER)||Dhanvantri Nagar, Gorimedu, Puducherry – 605006, IndiaPh. No. – 91-413-2272380
Fax No. – 91-413-2272067
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.jipmer.edu
|Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (MGIMS)||Sevagram District, Wardha – 442102, Maharashtra, IndiaPh. No. – 7152-284341
Website – www.mgims.ac.in
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for Distance Learning Diploma in Population Health Management
- Graduation degree is necessary for admission to diploma studies in population health management through distance learning.
- The applicant must have passed graduation from an institute recognized by the national or foreign governments.
- Graduation from any discipline is acceptable, but science and medicine graduates are always preferred.
- Copies of mark sheets of all examinations passed must be submitted at the time of admission.
- Identity proof of the applicants, like a voter id card or a valid passport is essential for admission.
- Filled in application form and proof of payment of application fees must be submitted within the date notified by the institute.
Duration of the Course
The duration of the course extends between one year to three years depending on the institute and the syllabus followed. Distance learning candidates can further extend their period of study if there are academic or professional requirements that they have to fulfill.
The course fee begins from INR 40,000. But this figure too varies from one institute to another.
The career opportunities after completion of distance learning diploma program in population health management are lucrative since the health concerns of the population have become the most important focus of government plans throughout the world. Healthcare units are now established at the local and national levels, so employment opportunities in the field have also increased. Medical and healthcare organizations look for skilled personnel and experienced practitioners who understand the concept of public health and can work towards the betterment of the same. Both public and private sectors of the economy have such medical units.
- Advanced Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in General Electronics
- Advanced Diploma in Computer Application
- Diploma in Horticulture Nursery Mgt
- Advanced Diploma in Software Systems
- Diploma in Industrial Electronics
- Diploma in Industrial Hygiene
- Biopesticides Technology & Biofertilizer Production
- Diploma Course in Culture and Tourism
- Diploma in Industrial Safety
- Diploma in Apparel Merchanding & Marketing (AMM)
- Diploma in Applied Electronics
- Diploma in Journalism
- Diploma in Basic Web-Technology
- Diploma in Kannada
- Diploma in Chemical Process, Instrumentation and Control
- Diploma in Labour Laws
- Diploma in Communication Engineering
- Diploma in Law of Taxation
- Diploma in Communicative English
- Diploma in Library & Information Science
- Diploma in Maintenance Engineering & Management
- Diploma in Management
- Diploma in Computer Applications
- Diploma in Office Management
- Diploma in Computer Programming
- Diploma in Computer Technology
- Diploma in Computing
- Diploma in Construction Management
- Diploma in Population and Health Management
- Diploma in Creative Writing in English
- Diploma in Primary Education
- Diploma in Production Mgt.
- Diploma in School Management
- Diploma in Seed Production Technology
- Diploma in Statistics
- Diploma in Tourism & Hotel Mgt.
- Diploma in Creative Writing in Hindi
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education
- Diploma in Energy Mgt. Technology
- Diploma in Fashion Design & Boutique Management
- Diploma in Financial Management
- Diploma in Dairy Management
- Diploma in Floriculture and Landscape Gardening
- Diploma in Fruit Production