With advertising becoming the buzzword in the media industry today, radio writing has caught up in India. So if you are creative and want to put your writing skills for advertising purposes, you can enroll in a certificate course in radio writing. This course can be pursued as a distance learning program which helps the student to work part time or full time with an organization or study another regular classroom program.
Distance Learning Institutes Offering Certificate Course in Radio Writing
Listed below are the names and contact details of the best distance learning institutes in India providing certificate courses in creative writing for the radio.
|Name of the Institute||Contact Details|
|British Council||British Library, Prestige Takt, 23, Kasturba Road Cross, Bangalore – 560001, Karnataka, IndiaPh. No. – 91-80-2248-9220
Fax No. – 91-80-2224-0767
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.britishcouncil.org
|Pran’s Media Institute||F39, Sector 6, Noida – 201301, near Metro Station, IndiaPh. No. – 9311122323
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.pran.in
|MassCo Media||A 94 – 3, Sector 58, Noida – 201301, Uttar Pradesh, IndiaPh. No. – 0120-2519000
Fax No. – 0120-2589842
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.masscomedia.com
|Center for Research in Art of Film and Television (CRAFT)||272, 1st Floor, Naharpur Car Market, Rohini, Sector 7, New Delhi – 110085, IndiaPh. No. – 011-32416868
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.log2craft.com
|Indira Gandhi National Open University (The School of Humanities)||Maidan Garhi, Delhi – 110068, IndiaPh. No. – 011-29535924
Fax No. – 011-29532312
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.ignou.ac.in
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for Distance Learning Certificate Course in Radio Writing
- The minimum academic qualifications for studying a certificate course in radio writing is successful completion of 10+2 school examination in any stream of study.
- A creative bent of mind, knowledge of English and the local language and the ability to speak & write well are necessary qualities that all applicants must show.
- An inquisitive nature, awareness of contemporary style of writing and an interest to interact with the audience is another essential quality that the applicant must possess.
- There is no age bar for applicants to the course.
- Every candidate must submit documents such as identity proofs, copies of mark sheets and passport size photographs during the time of admission.
- Admission is essentially based on marks in the XII board examination but there are few institutes that conduct entrance examinations to test the writing skills of the candidates.
Duration of the Course
The minimum duration of study of a certificate course in radio writing is one year. The program sometimes stretches to four years depending on the institution and the course curriculum & training provided. For a distance learning candidate, the duration of study stretches further as each candidate sits for the examination at his own preferred time.
After completing a course in radio writing, a student can start work as a copywriter for any public or private radio station in the country. Penning the script of a radio program or writing down a one – line jingle for on air promos are some of the responsibilities that a radio writer shoulders.
It is important to keep in mind that since writing for the radio is directly related to advertising, most radio stations these days demand a one year work experience in an advertising agency to start work as a copywriter with them.
- Basic Electronics
- Communicative English
- Computer Applications
- Computer Fundamentals
- Computer Operation
- Computer Programing
- Computer Upgradation Maintenance
- Consumer Protection
- Digital Electronics
- Disaster Management
- Domestic Wireman
- Environmental Studies
- Fish Culture