The study of rural development involves learning about the development of the community and the economy of a non urban region, a countryside or a remote village. Rural development plays a major role in a developing nation like India because a majority of the land in our country is still classified as rural or undeveloped.
A distance learning certificate course in rural development is a professional course that involves the learning of management of the rural areas in a region. It is a higher education form of learning that should be taken up for study only by students who are interested in the development of rural regions. The study of rural management involves practical training that helps a student to learn the various methods and skills required to manage and develop a rural locality.
Check out the list of institutes where you can learn the Rural Development certificate course through distance learning.
Distance Learning Universities Offering this Course
|Indira Gandhi National Open University||Maidan Garhi, Khanpur, New Delhi – 110068, India||Ph. No. – 91-11-29532321Fax No. – 91-11-29536588
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.ignou.ac.in
|Amity School of Rural Management||Floor IV, C Block, Amity University Campus, Sector 125, Super Express Highway, Noida – 201303, Uttar Pradesh, India||Ph. No. – 91-120-4392554Fax No. – 91-120-24392228
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.amity.edu
|Institute of Rural Management||Post Box No 60, Anand – 388001, Gujarat, India||Ph. No. – 02692-260391Fax No. – 02692-260188
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.irma.ac.in
|Xavier Institute of Management||Xavier Square, Bhubaneswar – 751013, Odisha, India||Ph. No. – 91-674-3012345Fax No. – 91-674-2300995
Website – www.ximb.ac.in
|Indian Institute of Bio Social Research and Development||Prafulla Kanan, Kestopur (JL – 17), VIP Road, Kolkata – 700101||Ph. No. – 033-66210320Fax No. – 033-66210300
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.ibradindia.org
Eligibility for the Distance Learning Certificate Course in Rural Development
Candidates applying to a distance learning certificate course in rural development need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicants must have passed the school level higher secondary examination with minimum 45 percent marks.
- Graduates from any discipline can also apply to this program. In this case, the applicants should have completed graduation from an institute that is duly recognized by the government.
- Indian and foreign students can opt to study certificate course in rural development through distance learning. The foreign applicants must have completed graduation from an institute recognized by the government of their country.
- Some institutes conduct a written test, a personal interview and a group discussion before admission. The applicants must perform successfully in all the stages in this case.
- Application must always be sent online and all fess must be paid at the bank notified by the institute in the admission documents.
Duration of the Course
A certificate course in rural development through distance learning generally lasts for one year. In certain cases, a candidate may fail to sit for the examinations at the allotted time of the year due to professional and other commitments. In such a case, the candidate must report to the college / university to extend the time period of study. It is this flexibility of the course structure that attracts students to the distance learning method of study of rural development.
Career Prospects of the Course
Students of rural development have a bright and lucrative career ahead of them. The different areas where they can find employment are:
- National and International Non Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- Government Development Agencies
- Contractual jobs in different public and private organizations for the management of development programs and schemes
- Developmental agencies controlled by corporations
- The United Nations and its various agencies (a candidate must secure high percentage to get employment under the UN)
- A student of rural development can also start his own NGO after completion of the course if he has the resources.
- Basic Electronics
- Communicative English
- Computer Applications
- Computer Fundamentals
- Computer Operation
- Computer Programing
- Computer Upgradation Maintenance
- Consumer Protection
- Digital Electronics
- Disaster Management
- Domestic Wireman
- Environmental Studies
- Fish Culture