One cannot undermine the importance of medicine and health related issues in daily life. The arrangement of medicines, surgical equipments and preventive measures in the far flung rural areas of the country is a challenge that every country faces. A certificate course in rural surgery teaches a student how to manage medical equipments in an area where facilities are not always available and adopt the best measures amidst crisis.
This course is generally studied by medical students as a distance education certificate program which can be pursued within a short duration and at one’s own convenient time. Listed below are institutes that offer a certificate course in rural surgery through distance learning.
Distance Learning Institutes Offering Certificate Course in Rural Surgery
|Name of the Institute||Contact Details|
|Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)||IGNOU Regional Centre, Regional Director, 52 Tughlakabad Institutional Area, near Batra Hospital, New Delhi – 110062, India
Ph. No. – 011-6089078
Fax No. – 011-6079172
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.ignou.ac.in
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for Distance Learning Certificate Course in Rural Surgery
- The minimum academic qualification for pursuing the certificate course in rural surgery is a degree in medicine (MBBS in India).
- There are several institutes in India that offer this course to candidates who are still pursuing a degree in medicine. For instance, if you have enrolled in the MBBS course and are interested in rural surgery, you can enroll in a certificate course and pursue the same along with a full time medicine degree.
- The admission procedure demands the submission of filled up application form, registration fees, copies of mark sheets of college and school examinations passed and identity proofs.
- If the applicant is a working professional, he / she must submit certificate of recommendation from the current employer. The professional has to be associated with work in the field of medicine.
Duration of the Course
A certificate course in rural surgery is a short term course of minimum six months duration. For distance learning candidates, the period of study generally extends beyond six months as all students appear for final examinations after managing professional and personal commitments. It is the flexibility of distance learning programs that makes them very attractive to students these days.
The rural surgery course is generally pursued by medical professionals to further their career interests. After completion of the course, a candidate is eligible to decide about the surgical equipments which are to be sent to rural areas for best treatment of the patients. He can also assist staff responsible for the cleaning and hygiene of medical units in rural areas.
- Basic Electronics
- Communicative English
- Computer Applications
- Computer Fundamentals
- Computer Operation
- Computer Programing
- Computer Upgradation Maintenance
- Consumer Protection
- Digital Electronics
- Disaster Management
- Domestic Wireman
- Environmental Studies
- Fish Culture