With the introduction of a number of schools, both public and private, in India, school management has emerged as a popular professional course. This course is taught both as a regular study program and through distance learning institutes in India. Let us take a look at the course eligibility criteria and duration as well as the chief institutes for pursuing diploma in school management through distance learning.
A Brief Overview of the Course
School Management or School Based Management is the distribution of decision making and responsibility between different levels of authority in a school. For instance, principal, teachers, school communities and students have to perform different operations while they are in the school. Power and operations must always be decentralized between different members of a school in order to ensure proper functioning.
Distance Learning Universities Offering Diploma in School Management
|Name of the University||Contact Details|
|Indian Institute of Business Management and Studies||IIBMS, A – 203, Suryakiran, behind HDFC Bank, near Chamunda Circle, S V P Road, Borivali West, Mumbai – 400092, Maharashtra, IndiaPh. No. – 022-65279030
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.iibms.org
|University of Madras||Centenary Building, Chepauk, Chennai – 600005, Tamil Nadu, IndiaPh. No. – 044-25368778
Fax No. – 044-25366693
Website – www.unom.ac.in
|Madurai Kamaraj University||Madurai – 625021, Tamil Nadu, IndiaPh. No. – 2458471
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.mkuniversity.org
|Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra University||Dnyangangotri, near Gangapur Dam, Nasik – 422222, Maharashtra, IndiaPh. No. – 0253-2231714
Fax No. – 0253-2230470
Website – www.ycmou.com
|Gokhale Education Society’s College of Education and Research||Acharya Donde Nagar, Gokhale Society Lane, Parel, Mumbai – 400012, Maharashtra, IndiaPh. No. – 022-24136408
Fax No. – 022-24168493
Website – www.gescer.com
|K M Munshi Institute of Educational Leadership||Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi – 110001, IndiaPh. No. – 011-23382005
Fax No. – 011-23382003
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.bvbdelhi.org
|IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University)||Maidan Garhi, Delhi – 110068, IndiaPh. No. – 011-29535924
Fax No. – 011-29532312
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.ignou.ac.in
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Requirements Distance Learning Diploma in School Management
The eligibility criteria for admission to diploma in school management through distance learning differ from one institute to another. There are however certain admission requirements that an applicant to the course has to fulfill:
- Successful completion of class XII board examination with minimum 40 percent marks.
- Basic knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Additional academic qualifications like graduation or post graduation are not a must but good for understanding the course material.
- Submission of copies of mark sheets and identity proof such as a valid passport or voter id card.
- If the applicant is a working professional, he must submit a copy of working certificate during the time of admission.
- Applicants must submit proof of payment of application fees along with the filled in and duly signed application form at the institute admission counters at the notified time.
Duration of the Course
The duration of diploma programs in school management through distance education also varies from one study center to another. The course duration is generally from 6 months to 1 year for regular classroom students. The time is flexible in the case of distance learning candidates.
Career Prospects after Completion of the Course
The career options after completing studies in school management are based in schools and other teaching institutes. It is important to study a course in school management as it allows us to understand the importance of principal – teachers and teachers – students relationship. In any school, the principal, the teachers and the students have to be accountable to one another for their activities. This is the chief attribute that is taught as part of the school management course.
- Advanced Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in General Electronics
- Advanced Diploma in Computer Application
- Diploma in Horticulture Nursery Mgt
- Advanced Diploma in Software Systems
- Diploma in Industrial Electronics
- Diploma in Industrial Hygiene
- Biopesticides Technology & Biofertilizer Production
- Diploma Course in Culture and Tourism
- Diploma in Industrial Safety
- Diploma in Apparel Merchanding & Marketing (AMM)
- Diploma in Applied Electronics
- Diploma in Journalism
- Diploma in Basic Web-Technology
- Diploma in Kannada
- Diploma in Chemical Process, Instrumentation and Control
- Diploma in Labour Laws
- Diploma in Communication Engineering
- Diploma in Law of Taxation
- Diploma in Communicative English
- Diploma in Library & Information Science
- Diploma in Maintenance Engineering & Management
- Diploma in Management
- Diploma in Computer Applications
- Diploma in Office Management
- Diploma in Computer Programming
- Diploma in Computer Technology
- Diploma in Computing
- Diploma in Construction Management
- Diploma in Population and Health Management
- Diploma in Creative Writing in English
- Diploma in Primary Education
- Diploma in Production Mgt.
- Diploma in School Management
- Diploma in Seed Production Technology
- Diploma in Statistics
- Diploma in Tourism & Hotel Mgt.
- Diploma in Creative Writing in Hindi
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education
- Diploma in Energy Mgt. Technology
- Diploma in Fashion Design & Boutique Management
- Diploma in Financial Management
- Diploma in Dairy Management
- Diploma in Floriculture and Landscape Gardening
- Diploma in Fruit Production