Mastering a foreign language is very important these days if one has to travel around the world. Learning a foreign tongue can also acquaint you with the rich culture and heritage of a nation. The Syriac language is extensively spoken in Asia, especially in the Middle East countries. The language, in its initial stage, did not have any formal script. It was five centuries after its introduction that the Syriac language became known as a written and a spoken language.
If you are interested in learning the Syriac language or want to know about the Syriac culture, you can enroll in a certificate course in the subject through distance learning. Distance learning courses can be studied at a preferred time and are also cost effective. Certificate courses are short in duration, enabling you to study the course while working full time.
Distance Learning Institutes Offering Certificate Course in Syriac Language
Listed below are some distance learning institutes in India that teach a certificate course in Syriac language.
|Name of the Institute||Contact Details|
|Mahatma Gandhi University||Post Office Priyadarshini Hills, Kottayam – 686560, Kerala, IndiaPh. No. – 0481-2731050
Fax No. – 0481-2731009
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.mguniversity.edu
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for Distance Learning Certificate Course in Syriac Language
- The minimum education qualification for admission to a certificate course in Syriac language is successful completion of 10+2 school examination.
- Generally, only students from the humanities stream of study opt to pursue a certificate course in Syriac language, but students who are interested in the subject can also enroll.
- Access to computers with high speed internet connection is very important for study of the course because audio and video lectures by experts on the subject are an important part of the study program.
- Every applicant must submit at the time of admission a completely filled application form, registration fees, copies of mark sheets of examinations passed, documents as proof of identity and passport size photographs.
- Knowledge of the English language is important as this is the medium of communication between teacher and student.
Duration of the Course
The minimum duration of a certificate program in the Syriac language is six months. But the period of study varies from one institute to another because of the difference in the curriculum followed. Syriac studies can be divided into a variety of courses like the old testament course, the biblical Syriac course or the world linguistics course.
For a distance learning candidate, there is no fixed duration of study as he can sit for examinations at his own choice of time as opposed to regular classroom students who must sit for examinations at the date notified by the institute.
A short course in Syriac language helps a candidate to further opportunities in a profession that he is already a part of. Several candidates opt for research or higher studies in the subject to enter the field of academics and become a teacher of the Syriac language.
- Basic Electronics
- Communicative English
- Computer Applications
- Computer Fundamentals
- Computer Operation
- Computer Programing
- Computer Upgradation Maintenance
- Consumer Protection
- Digital Electronics
- Disaster Management
- Domestic Wireman
- Environmental Studies
- Fish Culture