If you are interested to learn about the techniques required to repair or maintain a television set, you can opt for a short term course in TV Repair and Maintenance. The certificate courses are not only short in duration, they can also be pursued via the distance learning method, hence making it easier for a person who is working full time or is pursuing another course of study.
Distance Learning Institutes Offering Certificate Course in TV Repair and Maintenance
Listed below are some distance learning institutes in India that provide certificate courses in TV repair and maintenance.
|Name of the Institute||Contact Details|
|Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University||Dnyangangotri, near Gangapur Dam, Nasik – 422222, Maharashtra, IndiaPh. No. – 0253-2231714Fax No. – 0253-2230470
Website – www.ycmou.digitaluniversity.ac
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for Studying Distance Learning Certificate Course in TV Repair and Maintenance
- The minimum academic qualifications for studying a certificate course in TV repair and maintenance through the distance learning method is successful completion of secondary school examinations.
- However, today, with the rise in demand for the course, institutes often ask for successful completion of 10+2 board examination as the primary eligibility criteria.
- The applicant must be able to submit the copies of mark sheets of all examinations passed at the time of admission in any institute of learning.
- Other essential documents for admission are passport size photographs, identity proofs such as valid passport and voter id card and successfully filled up and signed application form with the registration fees.
- The applicant must have an interest in dealing with machines, this will help him to excel in his career, though it is not a necessary prerequisite to admission for the course.
Duration of the Course
The duration of study for a certificate course in TV repair and maintenance is six months. The period may sometimes be extended if the examinations are not held within the span of six months, or the curriculum is extensive. Distance learning candidates do not follow any fixed time of study. They pursue the course and appear for examinations only when other academic and professional commitments are sorted.
After completion of the course, a student can opt for a career which entails the following responsibilities:
- Repair of television and audio receivers
- Installing and adjusting video systems, camcorders, stereo systems and other electronic equipment that is generally used on a regular basis at home. ax
A TV mechanic can work individually or be part of an organization or an electronics shop.