The youth being the future of the nation it is very necessary to take care of the fact that their social and personal needs are protected, they are taken care of and are mentally as well as physically healthy. All these aspects together make up what we know as youth development. Studies in the field of youth development are pursued by students passing out of any stream from school.
Youth development is a career oriented course that can be pursued as a regular classroom program or through correspondence studies. Keeping in mind the flexibility, the duration and the cost of studies, a certificate course in youth development through distance learning is something that most young students opt for these days. Listed below are the best institutes for pursuing distance learning certificate course in youth development.
Distance Learning Institutes Offering Certificate Course in Youth Development
|Name of the Institute||Contact Details|
|Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)||IGNOU Regional Centre, Regional Director, 52 Tughlakabad Institutional Area, near Batra Hospital, New Delhi – 110062, IndiaPh. No. – 011-6082715
Fax No. – 011-6079172
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.ignou.ac.in
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for Pursuing Distance Learning Certificate Course in Youth Development
- The minimum education qualification for studying a certificate course in youth development is successful completion of 10+2 school examination.
- The applicant can pass out of any stream of study in school.
- The applicant must have a computer and an internet connection at hand as Personal Contact Program (PCP) between student and teacher is an integral part of youth development distance learning programs.
- A general awareness of the condition of the youth in the society is not necessary but very important for all candidates wishing to pursue a career in youth development.
- The admission process requires submission of filled up application form, application fees, documents pertaining to identity proof such as valid passport or voter id card, copies of mark sheets of all examinations passed and photographs.
Duration of the Course
The minimum period of study of a certificate course in youth development is six months. The duration however may vary as every institute does not conduct examinations at the same time of the year. For distance learning candidates, the period of study usually extends further as they complete studies only after personal and professional commitments are sorted.
A career in youth development will keep you in constant touch with young people. There are frontline, direct jobs as well as supporting positions in the field of youth development. The most important characteristic of a person who wants to work in the field of youth development should be an interest to mix with different types of youth from all parts of the world and understand their mentality. Developing communication and positive relationships with the youth is very important for a youth development officer. He / she must also be able to demonstrate programs that will benefit the youth of the country.