The California State University is the largest government owned university of Bakersfield?. The institute offers comprehensive four year study programs to resident and international applicants. It is also the first university that was established in this region of the US. With more than 50 courses on offer, the university attracts students from the US and other countries all over the world.
|Name of the Institution
||California State University, Bakersfield
|Type of Institution
||Comprehensive Public University
|Location (Contact Details)
||California State University, 9001 Stockdale Highway, Bakersfield, California, United States of AmericaPh. No. – (661)664-2011Email – email@example.com
|Accreditation / Affiliation
||The CSUB is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. In addition, several study programs of the university enjoy the accreditation of professional organizations.
||Graduation in Health Care ManagementM.A. in -
- Interdisciplinary Studies
M.S. in -
- Counseling Psychology
Master’s in -
- Business Administration
- Social Work
- Public Administration
|Departments / Branches
- Arts and Humanities
- Business and Public Administration
- Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Engineering
- Social Sciences and Education
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Interdisciplinary Minors
|Admission Procedure / Eligibility Criteria
||The Office of Admissions & Records in the California State University controls and guides applicants with the admission procedures at the start of an academic session. The process of application involves the following documents:
- Duly filled and signed application form which can be bought from the university admission counters or downloaded from the university website.
- Proof of payment of compulsory application fees of $55.
- Academic transcripts from the authorities of the high school / college the student last attended.
- ACT, SAT and GRE / GED test score sheet.
- Mark sheets of high school and college final examinations.
- TOEFL or IELTS score sheet as proof of English proficiency.
- Proof of economic independence during study at the university.
- Identification documents like passport that must be valid for six months after the end of study at the university.
All the registration requirements must be fulfilled, only then is a student allowed to begin classes at the California State University.
- Leodies “Lee” Adams Memorial Scholarship
- CSUB Merit Award Scholarship
- Mildred Baer Presidential Scholarship
- Dolores and Victor Cerro Scholarship
- Dr Chee – Mok Chan Scholarship
- Florence Clare Presidential Scholarship
- CSU Future Scholars Program Award
- CSUB Alumni Association Scholarship
- CSUB Associated Students, Inc. Award
- CSUB Staff Forum Scholarship
- SEMA Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Water Law & Policy Scholarship
- BigSun Scholarship
- Community College Transfer Scholarship Program
- Hispanic College Fund Scholarship Connections
- CSUB Scholarship Opportunities from the National Federation of the Blind
- Dr Gary and Katy Kessler Scholarship
- Jim Costa – Kern County Water Agency Water Resources Fellowship
- Dale M Schoettler Scholarship for Visually Impaired Students
- Edwin O’Neill Law Enforcement Scholarship
||The average cost of study for an international student in California State University is listed below -
- Tuition fees – starts from $4,065
- Total cost of education (including food, living, transport, stationery and miscellaneous expenditure) – $26,061
|Established in the Year
|Facts & Figures
- The California State University, Bakersfield is more popularly referred to by its abbreviated name CSUB.
- The university provides 31 bachelor’s level study programs and 22 master’s level courses.
- It is the only university located to the west of the Rockies that offers a course in petroleum geology.
- The university was established following the passing of the Donahoe Higher Education Act in the year 1960.
- The university authorities chose Bakersfield for establishing the study center because this was the largest metropolitan stretch during the 1960s which had no four year university.
- The university was established under the name of California State College.
- Formal classes in the university started five years after establishment.
- The athletic team of CSUB is placed in Division I of NCAA.
- The university boasts of prominent alumni from the world of politics, sports and academics.
||Upcoming events at CSUB are:
- Monster Mini Golf
- Bunco! At Comprehensive Blood & Cancer Center
- Jo’s Big Bad BBQ
- Eye Strain Cause, Eye Strain Treatments & Prevention of Eye
- Sleeping Paralysis, Symptoms of Paralysis, Cure & Paralysis Treatment
||The online distance learning study programs in the university are -
- M.A. in Administration
- MSA in Organizational Administration
- M.A. in Education
- Undergraduate studies in Environmental Resource Management and Nursing