The California State University, Dominguez Hills has a total of 14,500 students comprising residents and international applicants. The university has been imparting quality education on a variety of subjects since 1960.
|Name of the Institution
||California State University, Dominguez Hills
|Type of Institution
|Location (Contact Details)
||California State University, Dominguez Hills, 1000 East Victoria Street, Carson, California, United States of AmericaPh. No. – (310)243-3696Email – email@example.com
|Accreditation / Affiliation
||The university is affiliated to the California State University.It is accredited by -
- The Western Association of School and Colleges’ (WASC) Handbook of Accreditation
- Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (department of Business Administration)
- American Chemical Society, Committee on Professional Training (department of Chemistry)
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (department of Cytotechnology)
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (department of Medical Technology)
- Computing Science Accreditation Commission (department of Computer Science)
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (department of Education)
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (department of Orthotics & Prosthetics)
- The National Association of Schools of Music (department of Music)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (department of Nursing)
- The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (department of Occupational Therapy)
- National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (department of Public Administration)
- Council of Social Work Education (department of Social Work)
- National Association of Schools of Theatre (department of Theater Arts)
||MS in -
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Marital & Family Therapy
MA in -
- Early Childhood Special Education
- General Sociology
- High School Mathematics
MBA in -
- Business Administration
- General Business
- Human Resources Management
- Information Technology Management
Certificate Courses in -
- Professional Administrative Services
- Post Master’s CNS Parent – Child Nursing
- Social Research
- Assistive Technology Specialist
Master’s in Social Work
|Departments / Branches
- Accounting, Finance and Law
- Africana Studies
- Applied Studies
- Asian Pacific Studies
- Athletic Training Education
- Behavioral Science
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Chicano / Chicana Studies
- Child Development
- Clinical Sciences
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Digital Media Arts
- Earth Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Human Services
- Information Systems & Operations Management
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Labor Studies
- Liberal Studies
|Admission Procedure / Eligibility Criteria
||The general requirements for admission to CSUDH are:
- The applicant must complete a baccalaureate program or equivalent academic degree from an accredited institution.
- Submission of photocopies of mark sheets of high school and college examinations.
- The applicant should have a GPA (grade point average) of minimum 2.5.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores as proof of English proficiency.
- Letters of recommendation from authorities of all education institutes attended.
- International students must possess F1 and J1 visas and must also have insurance policies made and updated.
||Though the university does not provide direct recruitment, the English Placement Test (EPT) and Entry – Level Mathematics Test (ELM) are held before admission to the university. These tests decide the type of career a student should choose at the end of course
||· Presidential Scholarship· Katherine Bogdanovich Loker Scholarship· Honors Scholarship
· Leo F and Margaret B Cain – Emeritus Faculty Association Scholarship
· Claudia Hampton Endowed Scholarship
· Graduate Equity Scholarships
· Vic and Curly Scholarship
· Anne Peters Memorial Scholarship
· Jubilee Choir Scholarship
· Breedlove Family Scholarship
· British Petroleum Scholarship
· Jack Kilfoil Scholarship in History
· CSUDH Faculty & Staff Scholarship
· Jamina O Barnes Memorial Scholarship
· Graduate Equity Fellowships
· Sigma Pi Robert Hashimoto Memorial Scholarship
· College of Business and Public Policy Scholarships
· Deborah Sears Scholarship
· Music Department Scholarships
· CSU Future Scholars
|Examinations & Results
||Placement tests are held before admission to a course of study.
|Established in the Year
|Facts & Figures
- The California State University, Dominguez Hills is popularly referred to by its abbreviated names CSUDH and CSU Dominguez Hills.
- The institute underwent a change of name three times before the authorities settled for the present name.
- The site of the university campus is in the oldest land grant of Los Angeles, Rancho San Pedro.
- The institute has a total enrollment count of 14,500 today, but it had started out with a handful of 41 students.
- CSUDH imparts 45 undergraduate courses of study and 24 master’s programs.
- The athletics teams of the university feature in Division II of NCAA. The games are sometimes aired live on television and the internet.
- The institute boasts of famous alumni from the sectors of entertainment, sports, politics and journalism.
- Esel Momento
- CSU Super Sunday
- CSU Super Saturday
- Journey to Success
- Asian American and Pacific Islander Summit (AAPI)
- Certificate course in Assistive Technology Specialist, Post Master’s Marketing and Post Master’s Nurse Administrator
- MS in Nursing and Quality Assurance