The University of Southern Nevada was established in the year 2001. Today, this higher education institute of the United States is known by its current name Roseman University of Health Sciences. The university has undergone a change of name twice in the past before settling for its present name which is derived from the names of its President and Dean.
|Name of the Institution
||Roseman University of Health Sciences
|Type of Institution
||Non – Profit, Private university
|Location (Contact Details)
||11 Sunset Way, Henderson, Nevada – 89014-2333, United States of AmericaPh. No. – (702)990-4433
|Accreditation / Affiliation
||The Roseman University of Health Sciences is accredited by the -
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
- US Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation
- Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA)
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc. (NLNAC)
||B.Sc in NursingMaster of Business Administration
Doctorate in -
|Departments / Branches
- Dental Medicine
- Business Administration
- Pharmacy Continuing Education
|Admission Procedure / Eligibility Criteria
||An applicant must fulfill the following requirements for admission to a course of study in Roseman University of Health Sciences:
- Completely filled up and duly signed application form which can be downloaded from the university website.
- Proof of payment of compulsory application fees of $100.
- Letters of recommendation from the heads of high school and college last attended.
- Essay written by the applicant that underlines the reasons why the student has chosen the university and the course.
- Official transcripts issued by the head of the department of study the student has applied to.
- Submission of photocopies of mark sheets of high school and college examinations.
- Proof of registration with the department of study.
- Enrollment of name of the applicant in the admission office of department of study.
- Submission of identity proofs such as the personal details page of the applicant’s passport.
- Proof of economic support for study and stay at the university.
- Health insurance certificate
- Eligible TEAS score
||There is an active placement cell in the university campus that provides career counseling and placement facilities to students.
- Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education scholarship
- Jewish Vocational Services Scholarship Program
- USA Funds Access to Education Scholarship
- Scholarship earned through Student Writing Competition in Medicine, Law & Bioethics
- SellUsedBooks Scholarship
- National Association of Hispanic Nurses Scholarships and Awards
- National Black Nurses Association, Inc. Scholarship Program
- Minority Nurse Scholarship Programs
- Foundation of the National Student Nurses’ Association, Inc. scholarship
- The McKesson Pharmacy Scholarship Program
- National Association of Chain Stores Foundation Scholarship Program
- Hispanic College Fund Pharmacy Scholars Program
- Health Resources and Services Administration Scholarship for Disadvantaged Students
- Grad PLUS Loans
||The average cost of education for international students at the university is -
- Undergraduate studies – starts from $15,729
- Post graduation – starts from $15,729
- Dentistry – $14,714 to $18,559
- Engineering – $1,129 per semester
- Law – $18,366
- Medicine – $19,599
- Pharmacy – $16,158
- MBA – $1,088 per unit
- Health Insurance fees – $817
|Examinations & Results
||Every applicant must appear for the TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) admission test. This test judges the candidate’s knowledge in elementary Mathematics, English, Science and Reading skills.
|Established in the Year
|Facts & Figures
- The Roseman University of Health Sciences was founded by Dr Harry Rosenberg.
- It was established under the name of Nevada College of Pharmacy and was renamed to University of Southern Nevada before settling with the current name.
- The university derives its current name from the names of its President and Dean Dr Harry Rosenberg and Dr Renee Coffman respectively.
- The university received accreditation in the year 2008.
- Health Festivals
- Fundraising Ceremony
- Champions of Health Carein
- Education Awards
- Community Involvement
- USN Television
- Liberty Mutual Invitation benefiting Roseman University of Health Sciences 12th Annual Scholarship Golf Tournament