Aligarh Muslim University popularly referred to as AMU in India, is one of the largest residential universities that has been offered the status of a Central University. The tradition of learning and education in Aligarh Muslim University started during the rule of the British in India; in fact it is one of the first educational institutes to be established during the British Raj.
Aligarh Muslim University has more than 250 courses as part of its educational programs. Engineering is one of the chief courses offered in this university. Though the university had been established in the form of a Mohammedan Anglo – Oriental college, it now offers admission to students of all castes, creed and religion.
The Aligarh Muslim University Engineering Entrance Test
Engineering and Technology is an important course of study opted by students from India and abroad in Aligarh Muslim University. The engineering department of AMU is accredited by the NBA. This professional course of study is one of the most modern courses of study offered by the university. The engineering entrance test of Aligarh Muslim University is known as AMUEEE (Aligarh Muslim University Engineering Entrance Examination).
Eligibility Criteria for AMU Engineering Exams
A student will have to fulfill certain academic qualifications to sit for the Aligarh Muslim University Engineering Entrance Examination. The University authorities have laid down these basic educational qualifications for all applicants:
- Successful completion of 10+2 school board examination or its equivalent from a school that is affiliated to a state or national board of examination.
- The marks obtained in the 10+2 board examination must be more than 50 percent in aggregate.
- The applicant must be a student of the Science stream in high school with physics, mathematics and chemistry as compulsory subjects.
- A student who has not qualified the 10+2 examination can also apply to the AMUEEE if he / she holds a diploma in engineering from any other recognized university in India.
Date / Schedule of AMU EEE
|S.No.||Name of Course||Application Mode||Test Fee/ Proc. Charges||Last Date of Receipt||Date|
|1.||B. Tech.||ONLINE/ OFFLINE||Rs. 300.00||17-03-2012||20-05-2012|
|2.||B. Arch.||ONLINE/ OFFLINE||Rs. 400.00||17-03-2012||20-05-2012|
|3.||B.E. (Evening)||ONLINE/ OFFLINE||Rs. 300.00||31-03-2012||41188|
|4.||M. Tech. – Chemical Engineering||OFFLINE||Rs. 300.00||07/04/12||05/06/12|
|5.||M. Tech. – Civil Engineering||OFFLINE||Rs. 300.00||07/04/12||05/06/12|
|6.||M. Tech. – Computer Engineering||OFFLINE||Rs. 300.00||07/04/12||05/06/12|
|7.||M. Tech. – Electrical Engineering||OFFLINE||Rs. 300.00||07/04/12||05/06/12|
|8.||M. Tech. – Electronics Engineering||OFFLINE||Rs. 300.00||07/04/12||05/06/12|
|9.||M. Tech. – Mechanical Engineering||OFFLINE||Rs. 300.00||07/04/12||05/06/12|
|10.||M. Tech. – Petroleum Studies||OFFLINE||Rs. 300.00||07/04/12||05/06/12|
|11.||M. Tech. – Nanotechnology||OFFLINE||Rs. 300.00||07/04/12||08/06/12|
|12.||Adv. P.G. Dip. in Nanotechnology||OFFLINE||Rs. 300.00||07/04/12||08/06/12|
|13.||Adv. Diploma in Food Technology||OFFLINE||Rs. 300.00||07/04/12||28-06-2012|
|14.||Dip. in Costume Dsgn & Grmnt Tech||OFFLINE||Rs. 300.00||07/04/12||26-06-2012|
|15.||Diploma in Secretarial Practice||OFFLINE||Rs. 300.00||07/04/12||27-06-2012|
|16.||Adv. Diploma in Multimedia System||OFFLINE||Rs. 300.00||07/04/12||14-06-2012|
|17.||Adv. Diploma in Interior Decoration||OFFLINE||Rs. 300.00||07/04/12||28-06-2012|
|18.||Diploma in Engg.- Arch. Assist./ Interior Design / Leather & Footwear Technology||OFFLINE||Rs. 200.00||07/04/12||14-06-2012|
|19.||Diploma in Engg.-Civil (Construction Tech) / Computer/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Civil/ Inst.& Control / Mechanical / Mechanical(Production Engg) / Mechanical (Ref. & AC) / Plastic Technology||ONLINE||Rs. 200/-||10/03/12||13-05-2012|
The Pattern of Aligarh Muslim University Engineering Entrance Examination
The AMUEEE question paper is divided into two sections. The applicants must answer questions from both the sections / parts.
- Paper One – this paper is compulsory to be answered by students applying to the technology course in Aligarh Muslim University. All seekers of the B.Tech program must answer the questions asked in Paper One of AMUEEE. Multiple choice questions are asked in this paper; four options are listed for each question with the correct option to be marked by the examinee. Questions are asked from the school level syllabus of physics, mathematics and chemistry.
- Paper Two – questions asked in this paper are compulsory for the applicants of the B.Arch (Bachelor of Architecture) course of study. But B.Arch applicants also have to answer a part of the questions set in Paper One. With questions taken from the subjects of physics, chemistry and mathematics, Paper Two is essentially a test of aptitude of the applicants to the B.Arch course in Aligarh Muslim University.
- AMU BA LLB entrance exams 2012
- AMU engineering entrance exam 2012
- AMU LLM entrance exams 2012
- AMU MBA entrance exams 2012
- AMU MCA entrance exams 2012
- AMU medical entrance exams 2012