Clerks’ Grade (for Multi Tasking Staff Only) Examination, 2012 is conducted by the ESIC (Employees’ State Insurance Corporation) for recruiting individuals in the posts of upper division clerks and multitasking staff.
Important Dates and Parameters
Listed below are the important dates related to the Clerks’ Grade (for Multi Tasking Staff Only) Examination, 2012:
- Date of Notification: 14th January, 2012
- Last Date for receipt of Application: 10th February, 2012
- Examination Date: 25th March, 2012 (Sunday)
- Interview or Personality Test Date: 13th January, 2012
- Application Mode: Candidates for the examination need to download the application form through ESIC website (www.esicdelhi.org.in) / www.esichp.in / www.sscnr.org / http://ssc.nic.in). Applicants need to pay a fee through demand draft, drawn in favor of ESIC Fund, Account No. 1. R.D., H.P. from any branch of State Bank of India or a nationalized bank, payable at New Delhi. The fee for upper division clerk is INR 225 and for the post of multi tasking staff is INR 125. Candidates belonging to SC, ST, Female, PWD, Departmental, and Ex-Sum categories do not have to pay any fee. Along with the application fee, candidates need to submit the print out of the application form, after duly filling it in to the address mentioned below.
Along with completed application form, photocopies of certificates, duly attested, in support of age proof, educational qualification, experience, and caste, should be enclosed. Self attested photograph on the allotted space need to be affixed. The online application form has two parts – Part I registration and Part II registration. In the part I registration, the candidates need to fill in personal details and in the part II registration, applicants need to fill in the fee details.
Regional Office, ESI Corporation,
ESI Hospital Complex, Sector-2,
Parwanoo (Himachal Pradesh) – 173220
For the post of multitasking staff, candidates need to be at least 18 years of age. Upper age limit is 25 years, as on 31st January, 2012. For the post of upper division clerk, the minimum age of the applicants should be 18 years and the upper age limit is 27 years. Upper age limit is relaxable for candidates belonging to reserved categories, as per the norms of the government of India. For the former post, the minimum educational qualification required is a matriculation (Xth board) certificate from a recognized institute. For the latter post, the minimum educational qualification required is a bachelor’s degree, along with basic knowledge of computer and all MS-Office suites.
Recommended Books for Clerks’ Grade (for Multi Tasking Staff Only) Examination, 2012:
Clerks’ Grade (for Multi Tasking Staff Only) Examination, 2012 aspirants can refer to these books:
- Matric Self Study Guide
- Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning, by R.S.Agarwal
- General Awareness – CSR, civil services chronicle, Pratiyogita Darpan, Magazine
- SSC Metric (Solved Question Papers + Practice Paper), Workbook Written By / Author: Editorial Board
- Mathematics by DR. Lal & Jain [Upkar books ]
- Best Arithmetic Book for Maths Preparation, by R.S. Agarwal
- Arithmetic Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning by Marksman Reasoning
- Previous Years’ Solved Paper by Sura Books
- General Knowledge by Khanna and Verma
- General Knowledge by Rajpoot Brotherhood
The syllabus of the Clerks’ Grade (for Multi Tasking Staff Only) Examination, 2012 is as follows:
Applicants for upper division clerk will be selected on the basis of written examination followed by computer skill test. For the post of multitasking staff, candidates will be selected through written test only. The written test comprises multiple choice type questions, based on numerical ability, general intelligence, general awareness, and English language.
a) General Intelligence & Reasoning (Verbal and non-verbal reasoning)– 50 questions
b) General English – 50 questions
c) Numerical Aptitude – 50 questions
d) General Awareness / General Knowledge – 50 questions
(10 am to 2 pm)
Question paper will be in both English and Hindi. For each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Computer Skill Test for the post of Upper Division Clerks
Candidates need to appear for the test in either English or Hindi. The test comprises three parts –
- Part A – Candidates need to prepare 2 PowerPoint slides / presentation using MS- PowerPoint. This part carries 10 marks.
- Part B – Candidates need to type a paragraph or letter or passage of about 100 – 200 words using MS- Word. This part carries 20 marks.
- Part C – Candidates need to prepare a database or table using MS – Excel. This part carries 20 marks.
For completing all the three parts, the total time duration is 30 minutes.