So you are all set to appear for Graduate Record Examination? Do you want some helpful tips for preparing for this exam? You can also check out some last minute tips for sitting in this exam.
Tips for Preparing in GRE
- Make your decision for sitting in the exam well in advance. This will give you time for preparation.
- Create a timeline which is realistic and try to follow this routine diligently.
- Increase your vocabulary by studying wordlists from different books and compete the exercises.
- Get the GRE Big Book and practice from it as it will give you an idea about the questions that come in the exam.
Now for some Last Minute Tips
- In the last two to three days, do not start studying anything new and keep the study routine as light as possible.
- The Power Prep tests are really helpful and you must take them 2 to 3 days prior to the test date.
- Take proper rest on the night before the actual date of test.
- Do not worry too much and increase your anxiety. This will cause negative effect on your exam.
- The breaks which are given in between the test can be really helpful to unwind and recharge your batteries.
- Opt for the easier questions first. As in the new pattern, all the questions have same weightage.
- Do not leave behind any questions, go by your gut feeling and attempt all of them. There is no negative marking.
- In case you feel disturbed by the surrounding noises, you can use the headphones provided.
- Do not feel intimated by the ticking clock. Manage your time smartly; do not spend too much on one question.
- Make sure you double check your questions and answer them effectively.
Prepare well and give your best shot in GRE. Wish you all the luck!