The Birla Vidya Niketan, New Delhi is a CBSE school that ceaselessly introduces new patterns of study in order to educate students about the global society and keep pace with the changing face of education around the world. The school authorities work towards building an atmosphere where the students can feel secure and at home. Teamwork is an essential objective that Birla Vidya Niketan follows.
|Name of the School
||Birla Vidya Niketan
|Location / Contact Details
||Pushpa Vihar, Sector IV, New Delhi – 110017, India
Ph. No. – 91-11-29562251
Fax No. – 91-11-29561940
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org (senior school), email@example.com (junior school)
Website – www.birla.ac.in
|Board Affiliated to
||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)
|Type of Institute
- Coeducational institute
- Private institute (managed by the Birla Academy of Art & Culture)
|Admission Procedure / Admission Requirements
- Pre Primary and Pre School admissions are based on filling up of admission forms on a first come first serve basis.
- Admission to other classes is based on performance in admission test and availability of seats.
- Students who are coming for admission to Birla Vidya Niketan from other schools must produce transfer certificates issued by previous schools.
- Admission to classes XI and XII is usually not allowed, with the exception of highly meritorious students.
- Admission takes place in the month of April every year.
- All admission fees must be paid before submission of application forms.
- School authority has the right to withdraw a student from the school on disciplinary and poor academic performance grounds. In this case, the parents of the student are given a month’s notice.
|Medium of Instruction
|Established in the Year
- Birla Vidya Niketan has its own bookstore inside the school campus from where students can purchase textbooks and exercise copies. A uniform pattern is followed for the design of exercise books of every class and section in the school.
- 100 percent attendance is expected from students. In case of absence due to illness or other unavoidable circumstances, the parents must submit a medical certificate and formal leave application.
- The school encourages the involvement of parents in discussing the academic and personal development of their children. Parents must visit the school to talk to teachers on ‘open days’.
- The school admissions office remains open from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm every weekday.
- School timings for classes Nursery and KG – 8.05 am to 12.10 pm; for classes I to above – 7.30 am to 01.30 pm.
- The school has its own conveyance system. School buses operate in all parts of New Delhi, picking and dropping children to and from their homes. The school authority takes care to provide amenities like fire extinguishers and first aid boxes in the school buses.
|Extracurricular Activities / Events
- La Fete Nationale de France
- Inter House Hindi Declamation Competition
- Inter House Hindi Extempore Competition
- Inter House English Declamation Competition
- Annual excursions and trips for high school students
Special Facilities Birla Vidya Niketan students enjoy -
- Six lane swimming pool
- Multipurpose gym
- Skating rink
- Badminton court
- Locker room
- Counseling & career guidance facilities
- Medical room
- Science activity & computer laboratories
- State of the art computerized library
- Amenities for gymnastics