Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai, is a reputed institute with two campuses. The academy is reputed for modern teaching methods, individual care of students taken by teachers, infrastructure, extracurricular and social activities. Students of the school have earned a reputation by participating in various national and international level competitions. The school ensures overall development of a child.
|Name of the School||Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai|
|Board affiliated to||I.C.S.E (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Examination)|
|Location/Contact Details||Powai Campus:Raheja Vihar, Off. Chandivali Farm RoadPowai, Mumbai – 400 072.
Telephone : 2857 3205 / 0732
Telefax : 2857 2206
Veer Savarkar Marg,
Mumbai 400 016
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|Admission Procedure||The admission notice for Junior KG is put up in January and for Senior KG to Standard VIII in April (subject to availability of seats). Admission to class XI is offered after publication of Xth board result.|
|Extracurricular Activities||Some of the activities enjoyed by the students of different classes are as follows:
The Powai campus also conducts coaching camps in the following sports:
The Mahim campus conducts coaching camps in the following sports:
|Established in the Year||1847|
|Website||For Powai Campus:http://www.bombayscottish.in/powai/home.htmlFor Mahim Campus:
Some of the facilities offered by Bombay Scottish School are -
- Activity Room
- Computer Laboratory
- Audio- Visual Rooms
- Biology, Physics and Chemistry Laboratories
- Music Room
In order to bring out the hidden talents and encourage the young minds, the school conducts the following competitions:
- Inter-House ‘On the Spot Essay’ Competition
- Inter-House Story / Script Writing Competition
- Inter-House Swimming Competition
- Inter-House Elocution Competition
- Inter-House Dramatics (English / Hindi)
- Inter-House Quiz Competition
- Inter-House Singing Competition
- Inter-House Football, Carrom, Basketball, Cricket, Throwball, Table Tennis, Chess
- Inter-House Power Point Presentation
- Inter-House Debate. (English / Hindi)
- Inter-House Math Wizard / Spelling Bee
- Art Competition (Poster Making, Pencil Shading, Water Colours)
- Albert Barrow All- India Inter-School Creative Writing Competition conducted by the Council (ICSE)
- Frank Antony Memorial All-India Inter-School Debate conducted by the Council (ICSE)
Students also take part in the following programs:
- National Cyber Olympiad
- National Science Olympiad
- Educational Testing Centre (Mac Millan)
- National Maths Olympiad
- Unesco U.N. Test
- Unesco G.K. Test
- Academic Aptitude & Achievement Test (A.A.T.) Conducted by the Council
School Timings (Powai Campus):
- K.G. Classes: 8:25 AM – 12:10 PM
- Standard I and II: 8:25 AM – 2:10 PM
- Standard III to VIII: 8:25 AM – 2:50 PM
- Standard IX to X: 8:25 AM – 3:30 PM
School Timings (Mahim Campus):
- K.G. Classes: 8:25 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Standard I and II: 8:25 a.m. – 1:10 p.m.
- Standard III to VIII: 8:25 a.m. – 2:55 p.m.
- Standard IX to X: 7:45 a.m. – 2:55 p.m.
- Standard XI to XII: 7:45 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
The school academic year starts in June and continues till April of next year. The academic years comprises 2 terms: June to October and November to April. The school admits students from stage KG to standard X. The pattern of teaching in the pre-school level is informal. No home work is assigned in the lower primary stage. The institute conducts evaluation and assessment on regular basis. Students of standard VI to X are given individual, group projects. They also have to participate in oral presentations.