Loreto Convent is a group of schools with branches in many cities across India and all over the world. The Loreto Convent School, New Delhi was established with the chief aim to inculcate values of Christianity in students. To serve God and his creations is the only value that will make the world a better place to live in, states the vision document of Loreto Convent School, New Delhi.
Though textbook education and overall development of personality are completed in school, the Loreto Convent authorities believe that the foundation of education is laid at home. The student’s family is the chief educator; parents are always requested to educate their children at home.
|Name of the School
||Loreto Convent School
|Board Affiliated to
||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)
|Location / Contact Details
||Parade Road, Delhi Cantonment, New Delhi – 110010, India
Ph. No. – 011-25692299
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
|Type of Institute
- Girls School
- Private institute (the school is registered with the Societies Registration Act. It is owned and controlled by the Loreto Educational Society, also known as the Loreto Nuns)
|Admission Procedure / Admission Requirements
- Admission to the pre primary section of the school is allowed to children who have attained minimum four years of age.
- 70 percent of seats in the primary and secondary sections of the school are reserved for residents of cantonment areas and children of defense personnel.
- Of the remaining 30 percent seats, 12 seats are reserved for Christians, 5 seats are reserved for siblings of current students in the school, 7 seats for the EWS category and remaining 6 seats for the general category students.
- The applicant must submit a copy of birth certificate and recent passport size photograph at the time of admission.
- Special categories of students must submit the following documents –
- Christians – baptism certificate, letter from Parish confirming membership with a church and proof of practicing the religion for at least two years
- Cantonment Residents – proof of residence and voter id card
- EWS – letter from the local sub divisional magistrate
- Siblings – proof of relationship with existing student
- The admission process takes place in the month of January every year
|Medium of Instruction
|Established in the Year
||January 3, 1965
- The Loreto Convent School, New Delhi has religious affiliations with the Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary, also known as the Loreto Sisters, a religious group founded in Northern France.
- Loreto has 17 schools in India that house more than twenty thousand girls.
- The school offers education to students of classes nursery to XII. Both the science and the humanities stream of studies are taught here.
- A special feature of the education system of the school is ‘preferential love for the poor’. Under this system, the Loreto Convent authorities teach girls from the lower strata of the society after the end of regular school hours.
- The school has its own volleyball and basketball grounds. Sports and exercises like drills and march past are regularly conducted.
- Mary Ward was the founder of the Loreto group of schools. The first school of this group was built in England.
- Loreto Convent School, New Delhi is established on defense land; in accordance with the terms set by the Defense Lease, only children of defense personnel, cantonment residents and Christian civilians are preferred for admission to the school. General category students form a minority.
|Extracurricular Activities /Events
- The school students are divided into four houses – Ward, Ball, Hart and Welsh – who participate in different sports, quiz and debate competitions. The competitions are collectively known as House Activities.
- Excursions are a part of the school curriculum for the secondary section every academic session. Students are taken out for educational trips to other states or even other countries.
- Slogan Writing and Poster Making Competition
- Street Play
- Dance and Patriotic Competitions