The Shiv Vani Model Senior Secondary School in New Delhi has been set up with the aim to introduce high standards of education and overall development of a child. The school authorities pay attention to all fields of interest for a child from academics to sports, dance, music, fine arts and community service. The Quality Policy of the school, as set by the school’s founders, underlines the effort to produce global citizens through social, natural, cultural and environmental awareness of the students.
|Name of School
||Shiv Vani Model Senior Secondary School
|Board Affiliated to
||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)
|Location / Contact Details
||Mahair Enclave, Palam Road (Dwarka), New Delhi – 110045, India
Ph. No. – 011-45600323
Fax No. – 011-45538376
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.shivvani.in
|Type of Institute
- Co educational school
- Private (managed and controlled by the registered society Shiv Vani Educational Society)
||Documents required for admission to Pre School, Pre Primary and Class I -
- 1 family photograph
- 1 passport size photograph
- Copy of birth certificate issued by the local municipal corporation
- Copy of vaccination proof
Additional documents required for admission to Classes II to VII -
- Mark sheets of previous classes attended
- Transfer certificate issued by previous school
Additional documents required for admission to Class VIII -
- Transfer certificate from previous school, that has been duly signed by the zonal education officer or inspector from the area of residence of student
- Discipline certificate issued by previous school and signed by the parents or guardian of the student
Additional documents required for admission to Class XI -
- Attested copies of CBSE registration certificate and CBSE Class X board examination mark sheet (only CBSE candidates are allowed to apply to Class XI)
- Character certificate issued by previous school and signed by the principal of the school
- Copies of Classes VIII, IX and X mark sheets of previous school
- Admission to Class XI is clearly based on availability of seats and merit of applicant
The school does not accept applications to Classes IX, X and XII.
Submission of application forms does not ensure admission to the school. Students of higher classes have to sit for a discussion and personal interview.
|Medium of Instruction
|Scholarships / Awards
||Cash prizes of INR 500 are awarded by the Shiv Vani Educational Society. Students also receive certificates and scholar badges. The following students are entitled to enjoy these benefits:
- For Classes Nursery to XII – the ‘Student of the Year’ receives the scholarship amount (the student who scores the highest in examinations, performs well in extracurricular activities and has good attendance, discipline & uniform records is declared the ‘Student of the Year’)
- For Classes VI to XI – meritorious students who have secured A* and A1 grades in final examinations
Special prizes and mementos awarded by the school -
- Computer Wizard
- 100% Attendance Award
- Best Instrumentalist
- Budding Artist
- Good Conduct Award
- Young Scientist Award
- Good Orator Award
- Good Athlete Award
- Creative & Confident Child
- Ravenous Reader Award
|Established in the Year
- School authorities arrange for career counseling programs for classes X, XI and XII.
- The school was founded by the joint efforts of B D Narula and Sneh narula.
- Classrooms and laboratories are technologically equipped with green computers and interactive boards.
- The school has its own transport service which can be availed by teachers and students.
|Extracurricular Activities / Events
- The school celebrated ‘Sojourn – the journey continues’ on November 9, 2011 to commemorate 30 years of establishment and contribution to education.
- Students and faculty of the school organized the 38th Youth Parliament where it featured prominently among other schools in Delhi.
- Shri Vani Model Senior Secondary School students performed to ‘Nav Chetna’ at Rajpath on January 26, 2000.
- The school participated in ‘Accolades’ at the Air Force Auditorium.
- Students of Classes IX and X were taken out on an educational trip to the Rajiv Gandhi Renewable Park this year August to learn about the importance of conserving energy and using renewable energy sources.
- ‘Ingenious Ideas’, an open house program was arranged in the school campus in the month of July. Parents of students and academicians from outside were invited to enjoy and appreciate the creativity of children.
- Frolic Zoom – 2011 Techno Shoot
- Quiz Competition
- Zonal Competition in Speech, Debate, Recitation and Sports
- Effective Teaching workshop
- The school participated in the Republic Day celebrations held at Rajpath in the year 1999, where the school won the first prize for their dance & song performance ‘Vasudhaiv Kutumbkam’.