On this page, we have tried to list all the major information on Anjuman I Islam,Mumbai and Anjuman I Islam’s A. K. Hafizka College of Hotel & Tourism Management Studies and Research in India. We have tried our best to provide accurate and updated details about Anjuman I Islam,Mumbai.. However, if you encounter any discrepancy, do write to us. We welcome any kind of feedback that would improve the quality of the site, a site that strives to provide the best information on Anjuman I Islamam and Anjuman I Islam’s A. K. Hafizka College of Hotel & Tourism Management Studies and Research.
Anjuman I Islam,Mumbai was established in 1874 by a group of enthusiasts led by Justice Badruddin Tayabji. The Trust with its secular philosophy has 100 institutions in various spheres like engineering, medicine,pharmacy,hotel and catering, business management,education,etc. The Trust has over 100,000 students and has been awarded Maharashtra Government’s “State Award 2000″ for achievements in education and social activities. The A.K. Hafizka College of Hotel & Tourism Management Studies & Research ( IHMCT) of Anjuman I Islam is located in the heart of Mumbai at Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus. The college has collaborated with the Thames Valley University to introduce advanced diploma courses in hotel management.
Administrative Profile of IHMCT of Anjuman I Islam
President : Mr. Sami Khatib
Vice President: Mr. Abbas M. Hetavkar
Vice President: Mr. G. A. R. Shaikh
Vice President: Mr. Rashid G. Matadar
Hon. Gen. Secretary: Dr. Zahir I. Kazi
Courses offered by IHMCT of Anjuman I Islam
The courses offered by the Institute are as follows:
- 3-year Degree Program in B. Sc (HS) (Bachelor of Science – Hospitality Studies), The course is affiliated to the University of Mumbai.Eligibility: A pass in class 12 with 50% marks in aggregate in any discipline.
- l 3-year Degree Program in B. Sc.(C&HA) (Bachelor of science – Catering & Hotel Administration) from Alagappa University, Tamil Nadu.Eligibility: A pass in class 12 with 50% marks in aggregate in any discipline.
- 3-year Advanced Diploma in Culinary Arts from City And Guilds International, United Kingdom and Thames Valley University, UK.Eligibility:A pass in class 12 with 50 % marks in aggregate in any discipline.
- B.A (Honors) in Culinary Arts Management from Thames Valley University, United Kingdom.
Admission Procedure in IHMCT of Anjuman I Islam:
The selection procedures for all the afore mentioned courses comprise of an entrance test followed by Group Discussion and interview. Candidates can get the application forms and prospectus by sending a demand draft of Rs.1000 in favour of Anjuman-I-Islam’s College of Hospitality Management Studies, payable at Mumbai along with 3 passport size photographs and 3 self addressed envelopes. The written test is conducted in the month of May.
Facilities in IHMCT of Anjuman I Islam :
The facilities offered are as follows
- Restaurant Learning Resource Center
- Hotel- simulated laboratories
- Front Office
- Quantity Training Kitchen
- Information Technology Laboratory
- Advanced training facilities.
- Placement Cell.
- Theme parties to implement the skills of hospitality.
Placements offered by IHMCT of Anjuman I Islam:
The college has a placement coordinator who provides lucrative placements in the following national and international hotels:
- The Ritz, London
- Hilton Towers, Mumbai
- Marriott Dalmahoy, Edinburgh
- Marriott Executive Apartments and Renaissance Mumbai
- Marriott Edinburgh
- Hotel & Convention Center
- Ramada Belfast U.K.
- Ramada Plaza Palm Grove, Mumbai
- Hilton Stansted
- Holiday Inn, Mumbai
A.K. Hafizka College of Hotel & Tourism Management Studies & Research,
92, Dr. D. N. Road, Next to Times of India Building,
Mumbai – 400 001.
Tel.: +91-22-2265 2272 / 22632817
Facsimile: +91-22-2263 4685