On this page, we have tried to list all the major information on Ali Yavar Jung NAtional Institute for the Hearing Handicapped (AYJNIHH) , New Delhi. We have tried our best to provide accurate and updated details about the Ali Yavar Jung NAtional Institute for the Hearing Handicapped , New Delhi. However, if you encounter any discrepancy,do write to us. We welcome any kind of feedback that would improve the quality of the site,a site that strives to provide the best information on ndian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi
Ali Yavar Jung National Institute for the Hearing Handicapped (AYJNIHH) was set up in August 1983. AYJNIHH is an autonomous institution under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India. Regional centers have been set up at Kolkata, New Delhi, Bhubaneswar and Secunderabad. The Gramin Punarvasan Yojana (GPY) under the ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment had allotted 24 District Disability Rehabilitation Center (DDRCs) to Ali Yavar Jung National Institute for the Hearing Impaired. 10 DDRCs among these have successfully completed functioning for three years and have been handed over to State Governments/District Administrations and NGOs.
The objectives of AYJNIHH are
- Manpower Development – To develop trained personnel for the purpose of rehabilitation of the Hearing Impaired.
- Research – Research for the betterment of the hearing handicapped is being carried out.
- Educational Programs – Studies for improving existing educational programs for the benefit of the hearing impaired are carried out.
- Service Facilities – Facilities for early identification of deafness, home based and tele-rehabilitation training are also provided.
- Material Development – This is required for education and development of Public Awareness.
- Community Program – Creation of public awareness about the hearing handicapped and propagating proper training facilities are a part of this program.
- Information and Documentation – gathering and distribution of latest information forms the main part of this program
Departments of AYJNIHH
Ali Yavar Jung National Institute for the Hearing Handicapped has the following departments:
- Department of Audiology
- Department of Speech and Language Pathology
- Department of Clinical Psychology
- Department of Outreach and extension services
- Department of Education
- Department of Material Development.
- Department of Socio economic rehabilitation center
- Information and Documentation center.
Courses offered by Ali Yavar Jung National Institute for the Hearing Handicapped are
- Under-graduate programs:
- B.Sc (Hearing Language & Speech)
- Bachelor in audiology, speech language pathology
- Graduate Programs:
- B.Ed (hearing Handicapped)
- B.Ed (Special Education)
- Post-graduate Programs:PhD in Audiology & Speech Therapy
- M.Ed (Hearing Impaired)
- Master in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology
- Diploma Programs:
- Diploma in Hearing Language and Speech(DHLS).
- Diploma in Special Education (HI)
- Certificate Programs:
- Certificate course in Ear mold Technician
- India sign Language course in level ‘A’ & ‘B’
- Certificate course in office automation
- Certificate course in computer applications and word processing
- PC Application Course.
- Certificate course in Hardware with Internet and Multimedia.
- Certificate course in DTP
Other than the courses mentioned above a number of short term courses are offered by AYJNIHH. Few of them ar
- Orientation program to equip rehabilitation professionals to handle very young children with hearing disability.
- Orientation Programs towards Cochlear implant candidacy assessment
- Parent guidance Meeting
- Training program on Hearing aid care and maintenance
- Awareness program on identification, prevention and intervention of hearing impairment.
- Training Program on inclusion of hearing impaired in regular schools
- Training Program for Indian Sign Language for Hearing Children.
- Training program for school social workers.
- Orientation program on disability.
Contact details of AYJNIHH:
Ali Yavar Jung National Institute for the Hearing Handicapped :
K.C. Marg Bandra Reclamation
bandra (w), mumbai – 400 050
tel. : 022 – 2640 0215/0228
fax : 0091-022-2640 4170
gram : hearspeech
e-mail : email@example.com